Found an abandoned missile silo..

ls1marine

GO BIG
Established Member
crap i was not allowed to let yall see that....now i am going to have to kill all of yall i need name and adress :rolling:

MAXX RS4

Established Member
ls1marine said:
crap i was not allowed to let yall see that....now i am going to have to kill all of yall i need name and adress :rolling:
You Pontiacers really don't make sense!

ITSTOCK

Established Member
There are two nuc. facilities within 1 mile of my location here in Horsham. HOWEVER, they are both filled with about 8 feet of concrete at their openings. My dad was telling me how he was in them 20-30 years ago, right before they got filled. There are basically 4 underground rooms, that's all!!! The hatches are still there, but the openings are filled with concrete. They are currently filling them with MOUNDS of dirt. There are some nice fish back in the creek in "Nike Park" though!!! :banana:

Anyway, damn cool pictures! Be sure to get more if you can, but seriously, be carefull back there! Trespassing on federal property can be pretty damn serious.

Last edited:

boostaholic

Mile High
Established Member
I found quite a few silos when I lived in south dakota, I have seen a few out in colorado too...always wanted to retrofit one into a house.

Snakebite2k3

Pray For The Dead To Rise
Established Member
damn thats cool but be carful cause u might turn into some random monster or some shit.. :p

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
I'd be careful, those signs on the fence are new, indicating that there is still radiation around there.. still damn cool, but I'd also make sure that you can't get in some major trouble for being on a military installation, even an abandoned one..

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
There's a few missle silo's out around here where I live, they've been deactivated since the 50's when the airbase in Salina closed. I've always thought it would be cool to go check them out just never have taken the time to do it. Cool pix.

snake bite 03

are there any roads that lead into this place or does it just pop out of no wear just walking into the woods.

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
Cool thread.

Definately take someone else's advice and get one of those radiation badges like they were talking about. The chance is slim that there would be any to write home about but it is better to be safe then sorry.

Enough of the Mommy stuff....we want more pics. You need to take tons of batteries, and a Camera with lots of memory cards.

REPOEDsDIME

w00000t w00t!
Established Member
wow, ya'll need to look around.... or go 4-wheeling. This type of shit is everywhere. and who cares about trespassing... if it's not posted, then it's more than likely that you won't get in trouble. all you're doing is exploring. It's a free country for a reason. If it was anything important, trust me, you would know. Either, it would be "occupied" or you would just no better. There are soooo many stories of people going 4-wheeling and findin crazy stuff like this... check out jeepforum.com. there's evn cooler shit then this on there. and pics... have a good one.

XCELR8

I love my 4V
Established Member
I was looking at those pictures a little closer and I noticed the barbed wire in the one picture. That barbed wire looks pretty new and that radioactive sign looks in good condition too. Was the place secured with closed gates and all or was it wide open. The radioactive warning would have worried me.

Users who are viewing this thread