Found my ticking problem

mtb01

Established Member
2 of my LFP idlers were shot!! This is after year and a half and about 5000 miles. Tuner couldn't believe how bad they were. Anyone have any idea if any warranty comes with this? I;m just happy it wasn't the tick. Will be replacing all of them. He even said the other 2 seemed like they were getting ready to go out.

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
Idlers will go bad very quickly if the belt is extremely tight.

Mine are going bad and have probably 10k miles on them.

If you are running a en extremely tight belt, it puts excess stress on the idler pulleys and will have to replace them more often.

mtb01

Established Member
Idlers will go bad very quickly if the belt is extremely tight.

Mine are going bad and have probably 10k miles on them.

If you are running a en extremely tight belt, it puts excess stress on the idler pulleys and will have to replace them more often.

Great information! Didn't know that.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You need to define "extremely tight". There are a ton of folks were with tight belts and I've never heard of idlers "going bad very quickly". :??:

SickBlackMach

Throttling back
Established Member
I just had a similar issue with mine. SVT03Chris hit the nail on the head. You should be able to just replace the bearings. I had to replace both of them in one of my reichard racing pulleys.

mtb01

Established Member
I just had a similar issue with mine. SVT03Chris hit the nail on the head. You should be able to just replace the bearings. I had to replace both of them in one of my reichard racing pulleys.

yes you are right, but these were so bad the center was moving around so bad that it wasn't just the bearings

Users who are viewing this thread