Found the Gravel at Zmax Dragway, LOL

metaman

Established Member
just put a fresh mail order tune in my car, the car is making great power so I took it to the local track where I am staying right now. It is the drag strip that is next to Lowes Motor Speedway in Concord NC. This was my first trip to this track. Anyway, got done with the run and went to turn at the end off the track.

It is like a dead end with a 90 degreee turn there. The car stalled, I lost the power steering and power brakes and slowly went into the gravel at like 15 MPH. I now have the box blade mod on the cobra.:banana: I got pulled out of the gravel (held everyone up for like 10 min) and took the long way home on all of the bumpy streets to shake all of that stupid gravel out off my suspension and subframes.

The other drag strips I had gone to had a turn off that was more of a sweeper so you could use it to bleed off speed if nessesary. This place just had a dead end with a quick right within 10 ft of the stupid gravel. When I got back to the pit area to clean some of the gravel out, one of the guys there said that Rick Hendrix did the exact same thing in his brand new Vette the first day the place was open. So I guess I am up there with the pro drivers, LOL. Anyway, I am having my tuner adjust the dashpot to correct for the stall.

Last edited:

metaman

Established Member
I just pushed in the clutch to break and coast around the corner. Lucky I was not going very fast. You bottom out instantly when you hit that stuff. It is like marbles.

Users who are viewing this thread