Four days of track bliss is finally here..

TroyV

Brakes only slow you down
Established Member
How is this for an itinerary?

Leave Boston this Friday morning. Arrive in Calabogie Ontario Friday evening. Track days Saturday and Sunday with 3balls racing at Calabogie Motorsports Park. Then pack up Sunday afternoon and high tail it to Mosport for the next two days with Track Guys on the big track. Take off from Mosport Tuesday evening and drive about half way home and finish the rest On Wednesday.

I have a co driver as well. I'm figuring the car will see very close to 1200 track miles. I'll have all my spares, 3 sets of track rubber, all my fuel containers etc. I spent all week prepping the car. The borrowed tow rig is a nice one. Chevy TD with the Allison, and a 16' aluminum trailer..

Just had to share.

TroyV

Established Member
Oh Crap... Thanks for reminding me... I need to pack the camera.

Maynor

Established Member
4 days... nice!

I bumped into a regular at the Glen this week and I have a new goal in life. He retired in his 50s. Spent more than 50 days last year at the track and more than 60 skiing. Now THAT's my idea of retirement. Enjoy and post some pics.

TroyV

Established Member
I've watched vid after vid, and I STILL don't know where the heck I am on the track. I'll figure it out when I get there. It looks like rain on Saturday so, I'll probably be one of the only cars out. I hear there are lots of "wine and cheesers" at this event.

I have full trad RA1's on the car at present, so I think the tires will be fine. I'll swap to the Hoohoos on Sunday and crush the turns!!!

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
The only way the trip could be more fun would be to ditch the tow rig and pull the hot dog stand. :banana:

Have fun, and TAKE PICS!

TroyV

Established Member
I couldn't. Driving that car on public roads for that long is extra cruel and unusual punishment.

It is brilliant on track, but even normal bridge expansion joints are like frickin ski jumps to this car.

TroyV

Established Member
We are gathering the pics and vids from both Calabogie and Mosport, and I'll get some links on here. What an awesome weekend. Check out the stats..

750 track miles on 40 gallons of regular gas.
1500 towing miles on 94 gallons of diesel.
Very little tire wear, very little brake wear.

Brain fade: Yes
Bruised ribs from lateral G's: Yes
Stomach ache from eating a McMosport sandwich: Yes

I can't figure out which track I like more. They both rocked!!!

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Sounds like a great vacation, Troy.
How can you go back to the routine of work now?

Was it dry all 4 days? I thought I saw some rain at Mosport over the weekend.

TroyV

Established Member
The first day at Calabogie rained pretty hard, but it was a good way to learn the track while keeping the speeds relatively low. The second day there and both days at Mosport were dry.

I'm still decompressing from the trip....just awesome.

Mosportresizesmall.gif

TroyV

Established Member
Yes, this was a planned group photo.....the Boston crew. Small, but quick.

There were some seriously fast cars running in the advanced group at Mosport. A well modified red fox mustang in particular was just ripping laps..

VENM

One of the Fab 5 Fords
Established Member
Yes, this was a planned group photo.....the Boston crew. Small, but quick.

There were some seriously fast cars running in the advanced group at Mosport. A well modified red fox mustang in particular was just ripping laps..

Hi Troy:
Wish we could have met you! We had a great time at Mosport :thumbsup:

TroyV

Established Member
We did meet........about twice a session....when I'd point you by. :)

Nice car BTW...

VENM

One of the Fab 5 Fords
Established Member
We did meet........about twice a session....when I'd point you by. :)

Nice car BTW...

Troy:
We really enjoyed the track, probably one of the fastest tracks we've been on and also one of the most dangerous :uh oh: The red fox body belongs to Darwin aka "Captain" and he drives it all :rockon: Dave has the ZO6 but, we still let him come and hang with us Mustang guys :shrug:

Nice to meet you, which car were you piloting? You guys were plenty fast out there :thumbsup:

TroyV

Established Member
I was in the red roofed Miata in group 4, and my co-driver, Mike, was driving it in group 3.

Pur Juic

track ho
Established Member

Hope I wasn't too loud out there:coolman:; I just did an exhaust upgrade a few days before we left and I did not expect it to be as loud as it is:uh oh:.......made my jaw rattle in the car at wot. I am going to have to quiet it down a little since it will not pass decibels rules at most tracks......luckily Watkins Glen and Mosport did not have decibel rules:thumbsup:.

Mosport was a blast to drive, very fast with some nice elevation changes and blind corners. It demands respect.....I was off-roading the very first session of the day on my first hot lap in corner 2:-D.

Dar

TroyV

Established Member
No...it wasn't too loud at all. Better to hear that than the 100 bees in a jar sound my car makes. I was running laps in the 1:47's which for my TT class is only about a second or two off of the class lap record there. It wasn't bad for being on 4 year old Hoosiers. A fresh set of V710's would make up the difference I think.

I was only using the brakes for 3, 5 and 9. Some of the Mustangs that didn't get up the straight quick enough for the pass were watching in terror as I would go balls out into 8 with out the brakes.

Not a good straight away car, but the car pulls enough lateral G for me to crack ribs on the seat.

How do I know you ask?......Had x-rays taken on Sunday.. Ouch.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Not a good straight away car, but the car pulls enough lateral G for me to crack ribs on the seat.

Dude! :eek: You need to bulk up to protect your squishy parts.
Oh wait, that will just slow you down. Hmmmmm.....:rolleyes:

VENM

One of the Fab 5 Fords
Established Member
No...it wasn't too loud at all. Better to hear that than the 100 bees in a jar sound my car makes. I was running laps in the 1:47's which for my TT class is only about a second or two off of the class lap record there. It wasn't bad for being on 4 year old Hoosiers. A fresh set of V710's would make up the difference I think.

I was only using the brakes for 3, 5 and 9. Some of the Mustangs that didn't get up the straight quick enough for the pass were watching in terror as I would go balls out into 8 with out the brakes.

and all along I thought you guys didn't have operable brake lights:-D I'll bet
that Miata rips on the shorter/tighter tracks!

Users who are viewing this thread