Four days of track bliss is finally here..

TroyV

Brakes only slow you down
Established Member
HA!!!.... they work....but I have to avoid using them....they draw enough power from the alt that it steals HP.....sort of like dual mode braking....from the pads, and from the drag on the engine from the alt. :)

TroyV

Established Member
With four more track days on my schedule yet to be completed, I have 4300 track miles logged in the car.

I'm running on the same front pads I installed in May. I installed new rear pads at Mosport as the rears looked low, but once I pulled them it looked like I could put them back in.......but I changed them out anyway and kept the used ones as spares.

I have done three oil changes (12 quarts and three filters), and have put in some additional oil that was consumed. (The car lives at 8k rpm).. I have yet to cord a tire. It would seem it is true that driving a Miata sees tires that cycle out long before they cord.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
So....4300 miles on brake pads, 40 gal of reg gas, less oil than 1 1/2 of my oil changes, tires that dry rot before being used up...what DO you go through running a Miata? :shrug:

Or haven't you found out yet? :rolleyes:

TroyV

Established Member
[ame="http://vimeo.com/6545145"]Calabogie in the rain on Vimeo[/ame]

Here is some footage taken from Chris Yates' car following me or Mike S around at Calabogie in the rain. I'm not sure who was driving my car.

It is wet enough where Chris has issues getting any power down..

....just served to make us look better. :)

Pur Juic

track ho
Established Member
Bringing back from the dead..............

Finally got to putting a short video together from Mosport..........enjoy.

[ame="http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e25/purjuic/?action=view&current=Mosport1_.flv"]Mosport 2009 video by purjuic - Photobucket[/ame]

Dar

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Nice vid Dar!:thumbsup:

I didn't think that black Corvette would ever pull over!?!?! ;-)

Somebody should buy that guy a mirror!! :poke:

Oh wait! Nevermind!! :lol:

TroyV

Established Member
I had a buddy cut this session up and post it....this is NHMS last weekend. The HD quality is pretty good with these cheapo Aiptek cameras. It was kind of lucky that I got such a good angle on the rear view mirror. In these vids we learn that some folks are more stingy with the point bys than others.

Part 1 [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhyFWp2pQos"]YouTube - Troy NHMS Part1[/ame]

Part 2 [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CU7XSXKYbI"]YouTube - Troy NHMS Part2[/ame]

Last edited:

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Wow, nice slicing and dicing, Troy. Looks like you have a handle on the M-car.
Looks like the guy was afraid to give a point until the straight. It is a bumpy track, maybe he needed 2 hands on the wheel. LOL

I remember racing there loooong ago when it was Bryar Motorsports Park. The outfield was the same, but we ran the other direction, and just used 1/2 of the half mile oval at the time. In fact, I think they kept all the bumps it used to have, they just moved them around.

TroyV

Established Member
Yeah, the bumps are part of the......ehem......character of that place. :)

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Character?! They shoulda left the lake in the middle of the track, NASCAR be damned. :nonono:

How far is the track from you?

Pur Juic

track ho
Established Member
Yeah, the bumps are part of the......ehem......character of that place. :)

That place definitely has a lot of character! :-D

Great videos Troy...........maybe you were not close enough for them to see you........next time just go up and give them a little bump.:-D

Our group has a saying that 'you need to earn the pass':thumbsup: by staying on the guys a$$ for awhile to get a point-by. With that as a qualifier, we also have an old rear-view mirror that is boxed up and gifted wrapped and given to the guy in the group that has not given the point-by even though the car behind has earned the pass.:uh oh:

Dave in the black vette currently has the mirror:rockon:and he now has to keep it over the winter months.:banana:

Dar

VENM

One of the Fab 5 Fords
Established Member
That place definitely has a lot of character! :-D

Great videos Troy...........maybe you were not close enough for them to see you........next time just go up and give them a little bump.:-D

Our group has a saying that 'you need to earn the pass':thumbsup: by staying on the guys a$$ for awhile to get a point-by. With that as a qualifier, we also have an old rear-view mirror that is boxed up and gifted wrapped and given to the guy in the group that has not given the point-by even though the car behind has earned the pass.:uh oh:

Dave in the black vette currently has the mirror:rockon:and he now has to keep it over the winter months.:banana:

Dar

Nice vid Dar :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

as the holder of the mirror last winter season, I was delighted to pass that mirror onto the black ZO6, and rightfully, it was deserved :coolman:

with the hunting season approaching, my kid's asked "dad, why don't you hunt?" I quickly responded with I do hunt, covettes and porsche's ;-)

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Don't forget the horn. :eek:
A friend has a video of his second event in a Focus, and you keep hearing this beep-beep until you see a Honda go past.

TroyV

Established Member
Well...you guys are spending money on go fast parts.

I'm looking at covering the entire car in vinyl....flat black most likely.. Ghetto!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread