Four Heros died this week...

abcstyers

Established Member
I call them heros because they risked their lives to save everyone. I cannot share details at this time but here is a link to a news article. Please take a moment and pray for them. I did not know them but I worked on that exact aircraft. As some of you know I just returned from my deployment there. Once again, just take a minute out of your day and give them the respect they have earned time and time again...

http://www.crestviewbulletin.com/new...personnel.html

This article is a little better. - Navy News, news from Iraq - Navy Times

WutApex

Wut Apex!?!
Established Member
That sucks. PJs are a good group of guys. I worked / hung out with some of the PJs and FEs at the 66th when I was stationed at Nellis. I don't lump all military members into the "heroes" category, but these guys definitely are

Last edited:

grandestang

Exponentially
Established Member
One of these heroes, Joel Gentz, was in my pledge class in my fraternity in college. So needless to say, this hits very close to home. He was one of the most stand up guys I've ever met and wouldn't ever hesitate to help anyone in need. He was born to do what he did and died serving our country. We used to joke around and call him "Captain America" because he never half-assed anything in his entire life. It's a shame and the world is worse off without him in it, but I know that he died doing what he loved: helping people.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Heroes indeed!! Very sad news. We need to remember to pray for all of our service personnel all around the world. They lay their lives on the line each and every day.

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
They certainly lived up to their motto:

13_1.JPG

Rest in peace, my brothers.

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
One of these heroes, Joel Gentz, was in my pledge class in my fraternity in college. So needless to say, this hits very close to home. He was one of the most stand up guys I've ever met and wouldn't ever hesitate to help anyone in need. He was born to do what he did and died serving our country. We used to joke around and call him "Captain America" because he never half-assed anything in his entire life. It's a shame and the world is worse off without him in it, but I know that he died doing what he loved: helping people.
I don't know if you've read this, but here's something about your buddy and his family and their reaction to his death:Family of First Lt. Joel Gentz shares memories of airman who died in Afghanistan | MLive.com

abcstyers

Established Member
The motto in the Rescue world goes "These things we do... That others May Live." I think these Heros lived up to that and then some. I'm only a Helicopter maintainer and I wish I could have done something. I wish people against the war would look at what sacrifices are made to keep us free...

Users who are viewing this thread