Fox Body remake??

cranium

Cerebral Assassin!!
Established Member
I first got into Mustangs probably in the early 80's and fell in love with the Mustang 5.0 GT at the time they were the coolest looking cars in my opinion.
I've personally owned a 1993 GT, 1993 5.0 coupe, and a 1991 5.0 coupe and loved them all.

With that being said...I wonder if ford many years from now will ever make a retro version of a Fox body like they made of the 65-70ish looking mustangs? Would you buy one, and what would you like for it to have? (ie. motor, tranny, etc)

tj04cobra

Established Member
if they made one to be as light as the original one that would be pretty cool. but we all know that would never happen. i am sure the original ones weren't the lightest cars in the world but i hear you can make em pretty light. i have never owned one so i wouldn't know first hand. i have only had a 2000 GT turd nugget and a 2004 cobra

RustyRodder

Fauxbra powered
Established Member
TJ- my friends GT weighs in just over 3k. so not that bad!

I might buy one- I love the look of a black GT hatch lowered on some saleen SC's

noahsark2012

4V 500rwhp club
Established Member
as long as it looks good, and they don't trash it, i think it would be a hit.

be nice to have a fox with exterior, and today's mustangs interior, suspension, and engines.

tj04cobra

Established Member
Rustyrodder- that ain't bad at all man, i am not saying i didn't enjoy this car either tho. i sold it with just under 150,000 on the clock and it looked like it was still newish, paint was still in excellent shape, it was just a turd nugget i called it because the stock motor was kinda worn out but i kept the car very well maintained and cleaned it constantly, i abused the hell out of it since i was in highschool at the time and always tell myself if it was in the driveway one morning when i woke up instead of my cobra i wouldn't be too sad about it.

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
93 cobra with 5.4 TT, thats where its at, or by that time the 6.2 will be out hopefully and that would be TT :)

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
Most likely not, just because Ford probably doesn't think the car will be appealing to everyone, I love everything about Fox bodies, my favorite Mustangs are 86/87-93s. But I know a lot of my friends who just aren't into cars, think they are hideous.

DRTHV8R

I am your father.
Established Member
Most likely not, just because Ford probably doesn't think the car will be appealing to everyone, I love everything about Fox bodies, my favorite Mustangs are 86/87-93s. But I know a lot of my friends who just aren't into cars, think they are hideous.

Funny you say that because i get props from car enthusiast all the time for my fox. But the non car nut thinks its the ugliest thing on earth.

mellor_21

Established Member
Funny you say that because i get props from car enthusiast all the time for my fox. But the non car nut thinks its the ugliest thing on earth.

+1
all the fox guys around here love them, everyone else hates them haha. i owned a 4 cyl for a week before i sold it to a friend, but thats as long as it took me to fall in love with it

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
i fell in love with the way the 5.0 sounded years ago and have ever since. I miss my 93LX 5.0.

Hissssss

Fox body lover
Established Member
I fell in love with the 4 eyed Foxes, they are fantastic looking cars with 17" Cobra R's on em, lowered. One of my all time favorite Mustangs was a 84 T top GT with a 5 spd, & Cobra R's. It was my daily driver for years, and got all the low budget mods...lots of used stuff off of e-bay. I was running full exhaust with shorty headers, a Torker intake and a AFB 625cfm 4bbl, knock off Recaro seats, cool stereo and full gauges in the consol, I got rid of that ridiculous car and idiot lights that were in there, no gears as it had the 7.5" diff. I loved that car, and it was fast enough to kill the late 80s RS Cameros and such. A deer killed it on the way to work at 5...lol

postin the midnight oil..
Established Member
I would love that.. I actually sold my Cobra to GET my 86 GT.. It was my dream car in high school and have loved foxes ever since..

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
I love the Fox but it will never happen. Ford never gave a shit about the Fox the first time around.

Users who are viewing this thread