FPC V8 power estimates and tuning potential

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
Since we now know just north of nothing about the new 5.2 FPC Voodoo engine, what do you guys think the final output will be? Also, what do you think the tuning potential of it will be? Do you think it will be able to turn more RPMs than the 8200 indicated? Do you think we will finally see a late model 600+whp NA Ford motor?

I'm guessing conservatively on stock power ratings at about 515. Usually, when Ford says XXX+ horsepower, they stay just above that number.

I'd guess that it will be able to use all of the real estate on the 9K tach after tuning, and I sincerely hope this thing will surpass a fully built LS7 at 600-625whp once it's all said and done.

Discuss.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
I think the finally number will be about 525 hp and 415 TQ

I think people will be able to pick up some good HP on these with just exhaust intake and tune, hell 550 NA whp would be just right for me.

saleencobra

Established Member
Im hoping to see 550whp after exhaust tuning and intake. "HOPE" any less than that and i'll just throw some twins on it and call it a day. Hoping they release info on the gt500 before they deliver these. Either way it shoulnt be a hard car to flip if bought at msrp or less.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
I remember reading on here the benefits of adding headers to a FPC could lead to massive gains. I wonder how efficient the stock exhaust manifolds are?

As for Power, I think it'll be underrated at 525-415

EDIT: LOL didn't even read Devious Snake's prediction before posting mine.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Im hoping to see 550whp after exhaust tuning and intake. "HOPE" any less than that and i'll just throw some twins on it and call it a day. Hoping they release info on the gt500 before they deliver these. Either way it shoulnt be a hard car to flip if bought at msrp or less.

Can't make 550 na rwhp with minor bolt ons. Guess I'll just settle for 750+ rwhp LOL. I get your point but i just thought it was funny.

saleencobra

Established Member
Can't make 550 na rwhp with minor bolt ons. Guess I'll just settle for 750+ rwhp LOL. I get your point but i just thought it was funny.

Ha my mind works in weird ways lol. basically if I cant make quick power with simple bolt ons. I'd rather be one of the first cars sent to a shop and have them build a twin turbo for them. "I'd go TT regardless in the future." ive had cobras with less than 550 and they were no fun IMO

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
525HP/425TRQ

And where are people getting the 8k+ RPM from? Seen it posted a bunch of times on these threads but haven't seen a link to that info anywhere. Will be fantastic if it's true!

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
525HP/425TRQ

And where are people getting the 8k+ RPM from? Seen it posted a bunch of times on these threads but haven't seen a link to that info anywhere. Will be fantastic if it's true!

There was a picture taken at the reveal of the tach showing an 8200 rpm redline. Ford's website says 8k, but the same paragraph has many typos

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
It will only have to maintain 400wtq at 8200RPM to make 625whp. I think it's very possible. I don't think 550whp NA is going to be difficult for this motor.

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
I could see Ford going for 520 hp from the factory in trying to match 100hp per liter. It could be more. I remember the 13 GT500s saying atleast 600hp and we ended up with 662hp. Granted it was on a cross plane crank engine that was supercharged so adding boost to get a little more power wasn't terribly hard.

Having equal length LT headers hopefully give a nice increase in power. I know the Ferrari 458 engines can see well over 50+ HP from a full exhaust. I'm sure JLT will be making an intake as well if the 15 GT intake isn't adaptable in some way. Not sure what other feasible bolt ons will be available. Throttle body maybe. Maybe down the line an improved version of this intake manifold possible. Be interesting to see what kind of head porting work with the new castings can be done. Maybe more aggressive cams etc.

IF its 520hp from the factory, I could see 600+ hp at the crank with and intake, full exhaust, and tune. Given 12% loss on drivetrain 510-530 rwhp would be my guess

Last edited:

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
Speaking of the IM, is anyone else confused about it being a long runner design for a motor that's supposed to be high RPM? FPC may change the need for a short runner intake, I just didn't expect to see the design that was on there.

Stable68

Established Member
Speaking of the IM, is anyone else confused about it being a long runner design for a motor that's supposed to be high RPM? FPC may change the need for a short runner intake, I just didn't expect to see the design that was on there.

I remember reading somewhere that FPC engines take more advantage of long runners than the traditional CPC engines do.

12C/OBoss

Established Member
Keep in mind Boss 302s are making 430-470 RWHP with just tune, headers, SCJet intake...add cams and that gets you the 475-520's at 8000-8200 RPM and can safely rev to 8400. WAAAY back in April 2011 Lund got his hands on my Boss (his first haha LOL) and the first thing he did was remove the factory limiters and she revved to 8450 on the dyno. With just a tune and o/r x pipe she picked up over 35 hp peak and 55 hp in the midrange. So a brand new 400 mile Roadrunner rated at 444 made over 400 RWHP with tune and exhaust and we set the rev limit to 8200. I predict that tune, and x pipe or H pipe (who knows with a FPC yet) Lund would make this a 500 RWHP car on a factory rating in the 520 range....

With headers, cams, intake manifold, and 9000 RPM redline (tuned) I think 600 RWHP is possible. Adding 900 rpm to a Boss and over 100 RWHP is possible so I think it could be done with this!

I CANNOT wait to order one!

BTW all these numbers are Mustang dyno numbers vs Dynojet

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
My guesstimate is going to be 540hp and 410lbft rating from the factory. We shall see.

04svtsnke

Established Member
I'd say 525/425-430. Intake/tune/exhaust will yield 100rwhp/70rwtq. An intake( probably the R version) manifold with more runner length and volume with an oval( think scj) TB with a jlt or equivalent intake will yield great results.

NlGHTMARE

Banned
Remember when the 2013 GT500 was announced? Ford said it would be "600+" HP. Obviously the final number ended up being 662 @ the crank. Just sayin'

I want this new GT350 in a bad way, but if a bigger bruiser (more of the straight line variety) is on the way, I would rather have that. As awesome as a formidable track star is, I always been a freeway runner type.

Voltwings

Established Member
This is going to be interesting indeed, i don't think any of us really have any experience with what this motor is capable of doing. I'm interested in this motor having a long runner design as well, as most other FPC motors do have high rise manifolds to really capitalize the higher rpms. Granted, those are also tiny motors, so they're likely just putting all their eggs in the "high rpm" basket ... Ford may be making some compromises by giving us that juicy 400 tq figure. Going to need to do some research on that, because now my gears are turning.

RocketSurgeon

Established Member
It will only have to maintain 400wtq at 8200RPM to make 625whp. I think it's very possible. I don't think 550whp NA is going to be difficult for this motor.

'Only' 400wtq at 8200? Not gonna happen. I bet by that point the torque has fallen off to 300 or less at the wheels. That would still make for a very respectable 470 rwhp stock.

I'm guessing about 540bhp stock so that they can say over 100hp/L

Last edited:

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
'Only' 400wtq at 8200? Not gonna happen. I bet by that point the torque has fallen off to 300 or less at the wheels. That would still make for a very respectable 470 rwhp stock.

I'm guessing about 540bhp stock so that they can say over 100hp/L

I meant 400wtq modified. I'm wanting this motor to become 600+ capable is all. I have no delusions of the possibility of 400wtq at 8200 in stock form.

Users who are viewing this thread