FR3 Handling Pack and LCA's?

Chris Proia

Established Member
Hello all,

I'm new to this forum and happy to have found it. I just recently purchased my first mustang (2013 GT - Brembo) and I'm absolutely loving it! I've been a gear head all my life but never owned a stang...crazy, I know. My other vehicle is a 91 Rx7 with a 02 LS1/T56 swap :)

On to my question...

I added the FR3 adjustable handling pack (FR3A-MGTAA) as part of the vehicle package and the items have finally arrived - scheduled to be installed next week. This particular kit lowers the vehicle approximately 1 inch, should I invest in LCA's w/ relocation brackets or should the stockers be fine?

Thanks,
Chris

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
1ST off welcome an congrats to having your new car. As for you your question unless you are drag racing or add more power you would be fine for now with your stock lca without relo brackets

squeak93

Established Member
Since its Stick you will want the lca's and relocation brackets to cure your up coming wheel hop issues.

Grant808

Established Member
Welcome to the forum!

If you're doing the work yourself, I think you might as well wait to see what you think of the new suspension first. I have P springs and Boss shocks on my Brembo GT and I don't have any wheel hop issues. I have the Ford LCA relocation brackets and haven't put them in yet. If you plan on open tracking, you might as well get the LCAs and brackets.

If you are having somebody else install, I think you might as well get it all done at once, if price isn't an issue.

Chris Proia

Established Member
Thanks for the responses! I think for now I'll just wait and see how the car drives with the new suspension before making a decision.

Pilks

Established Member
Dumb question, you have brembo package..... The new kit you purchased, it comes with new sway bars correct? Are they smaller than the stock brembo ones? Im only asking because of the information posted on brembo50.com

Brembo

Front Sway Rear Sway Front Springs Rear Springs

34.6 mm 24mm 131 lbs. 167 lbs.

Also brembo50.com claims brembo equipped mustangs have

GT-500 Rear Lower Control Arms ( Higher Durometer Rubber)

The (55D) Brembo Brake Package includes the following:

Front: 14" Brembo® Vented Rotors with Brembo® 4-Piston Calipers
19 x 9.0-inch dark-stainless premium painted aluminum wheels
255/40R19 Pirelli PZero Summer-Only (Coupe) or P255/40ZR19 Goodyear F1 Supercar (Convertible)
Different Springs (131lbs Front / 167lbs Rear)
Different Struts/ Shocks (tuned for spring rates)
Unique Electronic Stability Control® (ESC) Tuning
Unique Sport Steering Control Setting (EPAS)
Tire Mobility Kit Replaces Spare Tire

Im looking at Ford handling kits as well. Just wondering if the stock brembo stuff is at par or better that some of the pieces in the ford racing handling kit. Are they stronger? Maybe im just not understanding all th information. Any help would be appreciated.

Grant808

Established Member
Dumb question, you have brembo package..... The new kit you purchased, it comes with new sway bars correct? Are they smaller than the stock brembo ones? Im only asking because of the information posted on brembo50.com
Im looking at Ford handling kits as well. Just wondering if the stock brembo stuff is at par or better that some of the pieces in the ford racing handling kit. Are they stronger? Maybe im just not understanding all the information. Any help would be appreciated.

The kit comes with new sway bars. I don't have the kit, but while it does have smaller diameter bars, it doesn't mean they aren't stiffer. It could have thicker walls or be solid. The important part is that they are tunes/tested to work together.

I don't know if any of the kit parts are stronger per se, but overall it will perform better than the Brembo setup alone on the track.

I didn't want the whole kit for my GT because I didn't want as much of the NVH that would come with all the urethane bushings. So I went with P springs and Boss takeoff shocks and struts instead.

Sorry to bump, just wondering if anyone has input?

What are you going to use your car for? Might be easier to make suggestions based on your intended use.

Pilks

Established Member
The kit comes with new sway bars. I don't have the kit, but while it does have smaller diameter bars, it doesn't mean they aren't stiffer. It could have thicker walls or be solid. The important part is that they are tunes/tested to work together.

I don't know if any of the kit parts are stronger per se, but overall it will perform better than the Brembo setup alone on the track.

I didn't want the whole kit for my GT because I didn't want as much of the NVH that would come with all the urethane bushings. So I went with P springs and Boss takeoff shocks and struts instead.

What are you going to use your car for? Might be easier to make suggestions based on your intended use.

Thanks for the info. The car is garaged in the winter and basically a DD in the summer. It wont be tracked and possibly a rare quarter mile drag. I basically wanna get rid lf the 4x4 stance. But i dont want to throw parts at it. Id rather get a kit that was designed to work together. I ony asked the above questions because i started to look at the specs on the individual pieces, hence the smaller rear sway bar. Im not looking to slam it and im looking to stay on the stock brembo wheel, but possibly go to a wider tire. Something like a 275 all the way around in the future.

Chris Proia

Established Member

Brembo

Front Sway Rear Sway Front Springs Rear Springs

34.6 mm 24mm 131 lbs. 167 lbs.

Also brembo50.com claims brembo equipped mustangs have

The (55D) Brembo Brake Package includes the following:

Front: 14" Brembo® Vented Rotors with Brembo® 4-Piston Calipers
19 x 9.0-inch dark-stainless premium painted aluminum wheels
255/40R19 Pirelli PZero Summer-Only (Coupe) or P255/40ZR19 Goodyear F1 Supercar (Convertible)
Different Springs (131lbs Front / 167lbs Rear)
Different Struts/ Shocks (tuned for spring rates)
Unique Electronic Stability Control® (ESC) Tuning
Unique Sport Steering Control Setting (EPAS)
Tire Mobility Kit Replaces Spare Tire

Im looking at Ford handling kits as well. Just wondering if the stock brembo stuff is at par or better that some of the pieces in the ford racing handling kit. Are they stronger? Maybe im just not understanding all th information. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for the brembo50 website, Pilks.

I must say that I'm a bit annoyed at myself for not researching this better, prior to purchasing the kit. Instead of buying the whole handling pack, shocks/struts/springs/strut mounts would have done the trick for me and I could have save a few bucks. I also didnt realize that my car was going to come with a factory strut tower brace (also included with the handling pack). Oh well...anyone want to buy a strut tower brace and some brembo sway bars? lol

The car is going to Ford on Wednesday so I will report how the kit performs.

Grant808

Established Member
^There's some market for the Brembo parts with the '05-'09 guys and the non-Brembo cars.

Struts, sways, springs...all your takeoffs would be a good 'kit' for somebody who wants better than base car handling. Not a lot of $...but will offset some of your costs.

Pilks

Established Member
Thanks for the brembo50 website, Pilks.

I must say that I'm a bit annoyed at myself for not researching this better, prior to purchasing the kit. Instead of buying the whole handling pack, shocks/struts/springs/strut mounts would have done the trick for me and I could have save a few bucks. I also didnt realize that my car was going to come with a factory strut tower brace (also included with the handling pack). Oh well...anyone want to buy a strut tower brace and some brembo sway bars? lol

The car is going to Ford on Wednesday so I will report how the kit performs.

Any updates on your car with the handling pack installed?

Users who are viewing this thread