Freak storm....

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Some times you gotta just shake your head at people. I mean for real? Same thin when an ambulance comes through and people don't get out of the way!

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
Still out here. Heading out for another 10 gal of fuel to get us through tonight and tomorrow morning. Averaging 12 hrs per 5 gal. Not bad. Just no AC or well pump. Trying to get the 240v figured out for the well pump then it be off all week like they are saying.

LUBaseball2

Established Member
our power was out until around 1 yestarday... that may have been the some of the most severe wind Ive seen in the area..

SVTORANGE

Established Member
Lots of major damage in Arnold, Severna Park and the DENA, it was amazing to see the size of the trees that were blown over as I was cycling to Annapolis this morning. Lots of extension cords running across the roads to neighbors house it was amazing to see.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
We only lost power here for about 5 hours...we were lucky. Just got phone/tv/internet back this afternoon though. And don't even get me started on the bs I went through to get gas yesterday when I drove out to Dulles...

wheelhopper

Established Member
Still out here. Heading out for another 10 gal of fuel to get us through tonight and tomorrow morning. Averaging 12 hrs per 5 gal. Not bad. Just no AC or well pump. Trying to get the 240v figured out for the well pump then it be off all week like they are saying.

Scott, how are you using the generator? I back fed mine through the panel. I went to the hardware store and picked up the parts I needed to make a plug to hook into my panel. I disconnected my hot water heater and fed the lose wired end into that double pole breaker. I was able to power everything but the AC. For the well pump I simply turned everything else off and then turned on the pump. If you're just running extension cords you may not be able to run the pump.

LeadFoot_Cobra

Established Member
I can understand what Pepco is going through, but when I called and they told me July 6th until my power was up, I about punched a hole in my wall... I already been through a week without power when that last huge winter storm came through and wrecked havoc. Now it's another week in 90+*F heat. I hate drawing the short end when it comes to weather disasters lol.

Snakesvt04

SCREW THIS
Established Member
i finally got power in Bowie..yeahhhh. Generator ran strong..i kept cool with a window a/c i had in the garage that i put in the living room

Hyperstang

Iron Fist Lead Foot
Established Member
Got word today that Wednesday power should be restored hopefully... fingers crossed. I know I better get some kind of break on my next electric bill

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
Trying to get an electrician today to run the dedicated circuit from the generator to the well. There's a gazilliOn outlets on the unit, including a 240v

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
I got power back last night. My generator powered 5 refrigerators. (2 at my house, 1 to the left of me and two houses to the right of me). A few of my lights, fans and my pool pump. Think I will pick up a small window unit off Craig's knowing I could have had some ac

SVTORANGE

Established Member
I got power back last night. My generator powered 5 refrigerators. (2 at my house, 1 to the left of me and two houses to the right of me). A few of my lights, fans and my pool pump. Think I will pick up a small window unit off Craig's knowing I could have had some ac

That is awesome Tim:rockon:

Hope your wife gets well soon give her my best:beer:

wheelhopper

Established Member
Trying to get an electrician today to run the dedicated circuit from the generator to the well. There's a gazilliOn outlets on the unit, including a 240v

If you back feed it into your panel you wont have to run a line to your pump. I simply turned all the breakers off and then turned the water pump breaker on when I needed water and to add pressure to the line. When done I shut the breaker off the water pump and turned my fridges and room lights and outlets on.

It sounds like you're running individual lines. If you have your electrician run connect a female plug into one of your double pole breakers and then use a double male cord to connect your genertors 240 plug to the female plug in your panel box you can operate everything with your breakers and do not need to run extension cords.

IF YOU ARE NOT FAMILIAR WITH THE INTERNALS OF BREAKER BOXES AND THE WORKINGS OF ELECTRICITY, DO NOT MESS WITH THIS, ASK A PRO TO DO IT. Even if you don't have it ready for this outage we will surely have more in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread