Freak storm....

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
Thanks, Doug for all the advice. I've had the plug and wire and box ready to go since the last storm but never got off my duff and scheduled the work. You're right about the panel. That's where I stop. Since the heavy up was done I want a few breakers moved around so I can have a dedicated panel.

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
Did come back late Tuesday. Tried to enjoy the 4th while putting the house back together. Meh. Need this weekend to get here quick.

LeadFoot_Cobra

Established Member
Luckily got mine back up Monday late evening... Food bill slapped me in the face a good couple of times, but it could of been worse. Pepco still saying 20+K people without power, and they may not have any till end of this weekend. Those people must be wanting to strangle Pepco right now.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Think of all the money you guys saved by not having your AC running for the past several hot days.

Not sure about others but a generator can be a blessing in disguise when it comes to costs. One more day and the cost of gas in my case would have exceeded the value of the food in my fridge. One more day and I would have been on the hunt for a window unit to get AC back.

Last edited:

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Late to get here...but not because it took time to get power. We were out for 50 hours, it came back Mon am. But I had a ton of work to catch up on, and finally could go browsing today.
My friend at work had a tree conme through her cealing...with electric wires! $1700 just to get a tarp over it.

Users who are viewing this thread