freaking tick tread

elmo0244

Established Member
you guy's that have the tick have you ever started your after you been driveing in it all day and the tick get's loud and later on it goes back to the about same loudness?that has happen to me a few time's. getting pissed off about the tick.:bash:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
What was your build date? The odds of it being the actual tick issue is much greater if it was built before 12/02.

brasil

Mordida Venenosa
Established Member
Yes Elmo that is a characteristic. On my 04, if you drive it for a while then shut it off and restart it about 20 minutes later, the TICK is REALLy loud.

Dominick32

BANNED
I actually put Royal Purple 5w-30 Synthetic oil in the car and it dampened the tick noise big time. It used to be super apparent. Now, i can only here it cruising in a tunnel or next to a wall or something.

P.S. That oil is extremely expensive.

Dom
www.svtsnake.com

brasil

Mordida Venenosa
Established Member
Elmo, I have the 5 W 30, the 20 weight is just to thin of an oil for these engines.

elmo0244

Established Member
that what i was thinking too .on the bottle it say's it's recomened for honda's and ford's that call for 5-20.i'll try the 5-30 today and see what happen's.i only have about 2000 mile's on my last oil change when i swithed to the 0-20w.

Users who are viewing this thread