Fred Fetzer's CobraR

JoeJ

Established Member
Hey Guys,

I just picked up the new September 2003 edition of Hot Rodding Magazine and guess who has an article in it. None other than our friend Fred Fetzer. It is nice that our cars are considered as big bad dogs that get off the porch and run...lol....I will attach a picture of the page in the magazine. Hope everyone can read it.

Andy M

Established Member
Hey Fred, #155 is sure lookin good man... by the way, what is the "real" build number of your car?? just wondering?? since I have the "real" #155... ;-)

Cobra-R

Established Member
Congrats, Fred!!!! Glad to see you getting recognition. :beer:

For anybody that hasn't has the privilage of meeting fred, he is one of the nicest people you could ever meet. A true track junkie :)

Brian

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Fred:

Congtrats on the great feature! :beer:

Hope to see you at RA this weekend!!!

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
cool article! :thumbsup:

and a great guy! (he needs to visit this forum though) :p

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Originally posted by Andy M
Anyone know if Fred visits this site at all?? or have his contact information?? like email and/or phone?? if so, please let me know via email at >>> [email protected]

thanks!

Andy:

Funny you should ask!;-) I spent half the weekend with Fred at Road America and I told him he needs to visit us over here once in a while. I told him we're a great bunch of guys!:p OK, so I lied!:shrug: :lol: LMAO

His build number by the way is 202. He has a thing for 55 that's why he numberd his car such.

If we don't see him soon I'll bug him again.

Andy M

Established Member
Bruce,

Do you have contact information for him by chance??? I want to discuss the SLA suspension he has on his car? I am thinking of doing some suspension upgrade(s) in the near future and I am trying to decide which way to go?? SLA or coilovers??

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
Andy, I'll PM fred's email to you....I'm also thinking of changing over to the barts works front suspension after driving fred's car at Gingerman....granted, I did not even come close to pushing the car (I usually dont ever drive anyone elses car, but fred insisted) and it felt very smooth....

Flying Fred

"Double Nickels"
Established Member
Hi everyone,

Nice car, but the driver sure is ugly! I thought people couldn't post "offensive pictures" like that! Just kidding.

Thanks for the kind words and for everyone who finally directed me to join this site. It really looks cool and informative. Much better than a previous list I was on. Bear with me while I figure out how all these pretty symbols and pictures work. Can anyone tell me how you use those smilies and attach pictures???

I saw some other interesting threads, including the one about rotors and wheel bearings. I'll try posting my 2 cents there on that subject -which is about all my mechanical skills are worth for those who know me! Of course my computer skills are only one cent better!

By the way Andy, sorry about using the #155 number. I think I already told you the story behind that. Perhaps I should change it next year.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Hey Flying Fred:

I like the "handle" you picked!! :thumbsup: When you say something and you want to add a little smiley to, simply go over to the smileys and pick an appropriate figure (left click) and it will automatically insert at that point like this one :beer:

I'm glad you found the place ok. We're excited to have another "R" owner amongst the group. The more the merrier!!

We could always use another two cents!!!

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Fred,

First, welcome aboard.

With enough cents added around here we should be up to--maybe fifty cents?

The smilies are accessible if you reply to a post using the "quote" or "post reply" buttons. They will both take you to a different screen.

If you respond at the bottom of the thread you don't have access to the smilies.

Tom

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
Welcome, Fred! I'm glad you finally made your way over here....there is alot of useful info in here....sometimes you'll have to sift through the BS, but hey, thats what makes it fun, right? :p

Check out the FAQ section....a very valuable part of the forum here....griffined took all of our questions, comments, part numbers, and solutions, and put them all in one convenient location....

Thanks again for lending me the Hoosiers at Gingerman....I'll be sure to have many extras on hand for next season, and I will be more than happy to loan them to you for a few sessions! :beer:

Take Care, Ken

Andy M

Established Member
Originally posted by Flying Fred
Hi everyone,

Nice car, but the driver sure is ugly! I thought people couldn't post "offensive pictures" like that! Just kidding.

Thanks for the kind words and for everyone who finally directed me to join this site. It really looks cool and informative. Much better than a previous list I was on. Bear with me while I figure out how all these pretty symbols and pictures work. Can anyone tell me how you use those smilies and attach pictures???

I saw some other interesting threads, including the one about rotors and wheel bearings. I'll try posting my 2 cents there on that subject -which is about all my mechanical skills are worth for those who know me! Of course my computer skills are only one cent better!

By the way Andy, sorry about using the #155 number. I think I already told you the story behind that. Perhaps I should change it next year.
hey Fred,

Welcome aboard man!!! No worries over using 155 as your number man... we are not likely (due to distance limitations) to be running together on the track any time soon.. and even if we are? we are not likely to be running in the same run group anyway.. you would be in the FAST group and I would be in SLOW group. :rollseyes ;-)

let me/us know if you need any help with smilies or picture posting! You will love hanging out here.. this is a great group!! We have fun with each other, and ever now and then, someone actually has something informative to add to the discussion... unless of course Brian hijacks this thread and sends into never-never land???:bash: :bash: :lol: :lol: :lol:

oh, and bashing the moderator IS allowed here!! :bash: :beer:

Andy M

Established Member
by the way Fred, there is a way to fix your splitter so it doesn't fly off the car at high speed!! just take a look at Bruce's.

Cobra-R

Established Member
Welcome to the site, Fred.

Glad you joined us, and that comment about bashing the moderator..........no problem, as long as it is on the board and not on the track. ;)

Brian

Users who are viewing this thread