Free Stainless Steel Works long tubes and xpipe!

rrod

Established Member
Installed SSW long tubes and catted x-pipe in my 2013 gt500. Moving last minute to the nanny state of Kalifornia and can not register car there with this set up. Pay for the swap and give me stock cats and mid pipe and they are yours. Has been in the car less than one year.

It will be done at Injected Engineering north of Atlanta and needs to happen before July 20th.

Thx!

97snakebite

Established Member
Installed SSW long tubes and catted x-pipe in my 2013 gt500. Moving last minute to the nanny state of Kalifornia and can not register car there with this set up. Pay for the swap and give me stock cats and mid pipe and they are yours. Has been in the car less than one year.

It will be done at Injected Engineering north of Atlanta and needs to happen before July 20th.

Thx!

ask around here... im sure someone can help you with emissions

fearthesnake

Established Member
Let me get this straight, you just need the stock catted midpipe?
So you have the stock manifolds.?

In return I would get the long tube headers and catted x pipe? I just pay for the labor.

fearthesnake

Established Member
I'd love to have those Headers. My stock catted h pipe is already off the car. Only problem is I'm 2 hrs from you in Anderson S.C.

My buddies at the Ford service Dept here in Anderson could do the swap in no time.

rrod

Established Member
I'll find out how much the swap is. Yes I have the manifold and mufflers all I need is the part with the cats.

Is there any way around emissions in Cali? I bought the car in Georgia and it passes here. It also passes the sniff test Cali standards but not visual. Hate to trade these but yes if it can be done this week the headers and xpipe are yours.

rrod

Established Member
So it is $850 for the swap and I have to get it tuned for 91 octane so I will pay the tune. $850 plus your stock stuff and headers and xpipe are yours. But it has to be done by Thursday. They pick up the car Friday. I will check forum tonight.

Thanks!

rrod

Established Member
One car. I believe it's $650 or so for labor and 100 and change for the ford header gaskets from what I recall last time. Basically I want $850 plus stock cats for $1600 headers x pipe that's been used six months.
http://www.americanmuscle.com/stainlessworks-header-catted-xpipe-1114gt500.html

Or I will buy anyone's cats from their 13-14 gt500 and keep the headers for when I leave Kalifornia.

The car has tags good for a year so I have some time over there to figure it out.

Also if anyone wants to buy my spot to the sept Georgia half mile let me know.

Peace

97snakebite

Established Member
I'll find out how much the swap is. Yes I have the manifold and mufflers all I need is the part with the cats.

Is there any way around emissions in Cali? I bought the car in Georgia and it passes here. It also passes the sniff test Cali standards but not visual. Hate to trade these but yes if it can be done this week the headers and xpipe are yours.
Pm sent

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

rrod

Established Member
Thanks for all the pm and help and replies. Ran out of time will have to deal with in California.

RBB

Established Member
Just curious, but why doesn't this car pass in CA if you have cats and will pass the sniff test? Long tubes are illegal in CA? If so, that's ridiculous.

sleek98

Established Member
Just curious, but why doesn't this car pass in CA if you have cats and will pass the sniff test? Long tubes are illegal in CA? If so, that's ridiculous.

unless it has a carb number on it, it is illegal in Cali. I dont know of any long tubes that have a carb number. Moving the cats from the original location is actually illegal. So even if you have a catted X pipe on the car if its not in the factory location your not legal.

RBB

Established Member
unless it has a carb number on it, it is illegal in Cali. I dont know of any long tubes that have a carb number. Moving the cats from the original location is actually illegal. So even if you have a catted X pipe on the car if its not in the factory location your not legal.

Interesting....and I thought VA was bad. I'll never complain again.

rrod

Established Member
Yep, I still don't get why you need carb number and moving cats is illegal if it passes the smog test but it is what it is. From what I gather it is a real pia now with a new system they have been using since 13' where even newer cars can't pass because the computer is in some cycle mode...

Whatever the case maybe I have no choice moving there so will deal with it over there.

Idk maybe I have been living in th south too long and have too much of my own mind left with actual radical thoughts of individual rights and limitation of government to make it there long term.

Users who are viewing this thread