Freshly cooked rice.

GLASSTOPGT500

Established Member
So I have always wondered what it be like running into a S2000... just because every S2000 owner seems to want to chirp me about racing my GT500 but not one has actually lined up at the track so far...

but last night was special :)

So I am on my way home from work, needless to say I had a situation that just ticked me off before the day ended, so I was already in killing mode. Now onto the good stuff...

We see each other heading down to the next intersection, and I get into the left lane to turn left, and well... mr honda decided to get behind me. To see if this guy meant business, I took off right away once the light went green (for some friggin reason the light did not have an advance for me, suppose to be) but now this guy behind me did the same thing.

IT WAS ON.

We went at it, I left it in second and came upto about 4000. I saw those little honda headlights come up hard.... BAM!!! off we went, he quickly lurched forward about half car because he got the hit, and yeah, about 3 seconds later I was smashing 3rd and pulling away HARD... let me be the first to say, S2000... turbo... guy playing with his electronics to pump a gazillion pounds of boost into his little 4 banger is still no match for these Shelbys. GOODBYE mr S2000, now you know why there is still no replacement of displacement!!

SECOND RUN. okay not worth explaning, s2000 driver wasnt a deush, excepted the loss with a thumbs up and drove off.

Anyone else run one of these cars???

proudgeek

OCD
Established Member
I haven't seen any on the street but they definitely have potential. I just saw one do a 5.8 pass at the local 1/8th here in Miami this past Friday. You never know...

Last edited:

b_dike

Established Member
I ran one once along time ago in my 03 gt. Not sure if he had any mods besides exhaust but all i had was a cai and 91tune 70mm tb plenum. We stayed dead even the entire run. Was a good race but those cars are pretty slow.

Then as we parted ways i got a thumbs down for some reason.

So now i feel like all s2000 drivers are douches. Lol

99GT4pt6

Established Member
Back when I had the 94 z a boy told he'd run for pinks my car had 180k built auto kn cai and cost me 1500 vs his s2k with cams needless to say he was glad we didn't run for pinks

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Op sounds like the (removed by moderator) here with his description of how he thinks modding a S2k is. Youre the epitome of a domestic driving (removed by moderator); your cylinder count is a direct correlation to number of (removed by moderator) squared.

He likely went into the race knowing he had nothing to compete against a gt500 but wanted to run anyways and gave you props with a thumbs up like respectable enthusiasts of ALL vehicle types do. Then you come in here and douche it up with a lame thread title and how you think a turbo 4cyl needs a million pounds of boost and electronics and no match for your jesus shelby. His maybe, but I cant wait until you think that all turbo 4cyl cars are the same and get your ass royally handed to you by a run of the mill big turbo Evo. That s2k likely wasnt running more than 10ish psi on a stock motor as its weak rotating assy and high comp doesnt allow it but an evo will suck down boost like no other and ask for more. If his shit was built to handle boost you would be singing a different tune. And no, its not going to take him $100k like fast n furious says.

Qwk GT

Established Member
I've always liked those cars.

I dont' know, something about having decent power in a light weight car and around 9k rpms, just kind of appealing.

Rather have a gt500, but always liked the s2k's.

tag4car

Established Member
I've got a friend with a 16lb S2k, Thing is damn wicked!! We've never lined up but have played on the interstate before, Nothing serious though.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Op sounds like the .

I completely agree with this post, cant believe dummies still use the whole..... In my best redneck voice: "there is no replacement for displacement" deal... :nonono:

Oh by the way thomas, you might want to double check but the rotating assembly on S2K's is anything but weak, those motors hold 550+rwhp.

I have actually been wooped by one of those... :(

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I completely agree with this post, cant believe dummies still use the whole..... In my best redneck voice: "there is no replacement for displacement" deal... :nonono:

Oh by the way thomas, you might want to double check but the rotating assembly on S2K's is anything but weak, those motors hold 550+rwhp.

I have actually been wooped by one of those... :(

They might have figured out how to get more power safer than. When I was dabbling with honduh tech in my early dsm days when most mu buddies were still into b/h/k series swaps the S2k still had issues with holding boost and struggling with 400ish whp levels. Though the thing with boost its never relative. Theyre probably using rediculously large snails now that move ****loads of air at low boost with e85 and better tuning hardware and community knowledge.

Users who are viewing this thread