Freshly cooked rice.

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
hmm yea I could imagine, are they short throws from the factory ?? I find the japanese transmissions seem to like the redline fluid change ALOT... shifts like butter

the 370z 6 speed although............... blaaaaaaaast to drive

Yeah short throws, its so buttery smooth, best tranny I have ever rowed hands down. I bet its even better with redline. I put redline in my 370 and it helped allot too. I also have redline in the 5.0 and it helped, not so notchy, especially at high rpms it just goes into gear with no prob:rockon:

61mmstang94

Established Member
LMAO!!! Had me rolling man!

:lol::beer::rockon:

It's how some people on here sound sometimes, I swear.

I know I'm guilty of talking crap on here and some think I only like GTRs and Supras (which isn't true in reality) but I can appreciate all kinds of cars (even C5s). :beer:

Last edited:

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
You dont need torque to win roll races with a car thats light like a s2g or most honduhs for that matter.

I guess in your mind Formula Un needs to go to big torquey motors because they missed the memo?

Roll races arent my thing. I prefer to go from a dig. It doesnt have to be big and it doesnt have to have 8 cylinders to be torquey. Subaru 4 cylinder boxers are freakin torque monsters on e85.

Honda just does things differently. Even Mitsus inline 4s make far more torque than honda motors.

I prefer to have torque because when you hit the gas thats what you FEEL. Its what throws you back in your seat. Big hp cars with no torque just have long continuous pulls and it really doesnt get the blood flowing the same. At least not for me.

Again, this is MY preference. Hence why I said, whatever floats your boat. Some people prefer that and there is nothing wrong with that.

61mmstang94

Established Member
Roll races arent my thing. I prefer to go from a dig. It doesnt have to be big and it doesnt have to have 8 cylinders to be torquey. Subaru 4 cylinder boxers are freakin torque monsters on e85.

Honda just does things differently. Even Mitsus inline 4s make far more torque than honda motors.

I prefer to have torque because when you hit the gas thats what you FEEL. Its what throws you back in your seat. Big hp cars with no torque just have long continuous pulls and it really doesnt get the blood flowing the same. At least not for me.

Again, this is MY preference. Hence why I said, whatever floats your boat. Some people prefer that and there is nothing wrong with that.

I'm sure your 4XX hp v8 just gets the blood pumping, huh?

I've been in a 9-second turbo s2k and it didn't "feel" slower than my mustang when it ran 9s. :shrug:

Last edited:

GLASSTOPGT500

Established Member
I'm sure your 4XX hp v8 just gets the blood pumping, huh?

I've been in a 9-second turbo s2k and it didn't "feel" slower than my mustang when it ran 9s. :shrug:

really? Surprised the 8 cylinder off the line didnt feel faster. And yeah, the bottom end punch makes a big change on the overall feel of a race i guess, some poeple like 9-10grand shifts? (S2000...) some people like more torque down low, then MOST INLINE 4 cylinders are capable of? If I went the 4 banger route, it has to be atleast a flat engine, might not sound AS badass, but I will live :D

DISCLAIMER (lmao): I am not ripping on 4 cylinders, nor am I trying to put them down.

Don't matter to me rice boy. If it ain't ford and it ain't 8-cylinder combustion....it ain't nothin!

hahahha, YA... wait... what? RICE BOY?! :nono: my rice stays in the kitchen!

where abouts "up north" are you at? I have a good friend with a small engine evo that I'm sure would love to prove how there can be a replacement for displacement. his replacement is a garrett with 42lbs of boost at 9300rpms on corn.

42 lbs :dancenana:
I am sure you stick up for your buddys car because its a f'n monster, aint got to prove it to me. I am around the 401 and mississauga road. I would still love to run him to see how they compete?? FROM A DIG atleast twice...

lastly...
I think it comes down to what people prefer.
You can have a 662hp gt500.
you can have a 545hp GTR.
Or you can make this kind of power out of ANYTHING you want.
YOU GOT THE MONEY? well then go crazy and spend if how YOU feel is best.
for me... gt500...under 10 grand later, Lets see how much money is saved, and how much of an ass kicking the car provides compared to the others out there.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread