Friday I will have my first panel interview with a large company

speednutz

Established Member
And make sure to shake their hands and look them in the eyes when talking to them.

If you look down, that shows uncertainty or that you may not be telling the truth.

TorchMach

Established Member
I wouldn't hire anyone that doesn't give a firm hand shake.

lol jk I've met a very hard working guy that had the hand shake of a five year old.

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
I've been on both sides of the panel interview table many times. FYI, I'm an engineer.

- Have confidence.
- Everyone expects you to be nervous, so don't freak out.
- Speak honestly with passion for what you are interviewing for (and have passion once you get the job!)
- Sell yourself in a non-arrogant way every chance you get. That's is why you are there.
- When given the opportunity, ask intelligent questions about the company you are interviewing with. However, do not try to control the conversation. Let them ask the questions and they will give you an opportunity to ask yours at the end; be ready.
- Even better is to understand what your interviewers do and ask intelligent questions about their responsibilities and your future responsibilities.
- If you are the right candidate they will try to sell you on the company. They may not even know they are doing this. Take the cues and set yourself up for good employment negotiations by asking the right questions.
- Relax and have some fun. If you can squeeze in a little relaxed humor it sets everyone at ease and will help them to remember you.

We usually do 'can do' and 'will do' teams. Be prepared to talk about your skills and experiences but also talk about who you are, your attitude, and what you can bring to the company. Back everything up with real examples from your life. Those that talk fluff and can't back up a skill or attitude with real life experience can be weeded out quickly.

Last edited:

traktrbeam

Oh Noes!
Established Member
Premium Member
Abolutely know as much as you can about the company and never ask about salary, benefits, vacation, etc unless it is raised by the panel.

maple

Established Member
Good post!

OP they may ask at the end of the interview if there's anything else you want to add or elaborate on. Make yourself shine during this part of the interview. Study, practice and no limp noodle ****** handshakes.

Good luck man:beer:
Thanks for the information man!

Nice OP I actually Live in Savannah and have my application being reviewed by them right now for a few positions. I know lots of people that work there here in the area. Its a good company. What position are you interviewing for? I have mine in for Avionics Tech/ Installer. Goodluck and let us know. Also hit up the local section in the forum and Ill tell ya where the hangouts are around here for cars.
Their candidate portal is the hardest thing to figure out. I still have about 10 positions that I am under review for.
I know a quite a few people working there also. OP you have passed the hardest part. Getting them to look at your application and give you an interview is the hardest part. I don't know anyone who has gotten to the interview part that hasn't been hired.
This will be my third interview. LOL The first interview was for one opening. I was one of four that applied and two out of the four were currently working for KellyServices. Needless to say, I didn't get that slot. I interviewed two Fridays ago for a position within KellyServices for a tool crib attendant and I am just awaiting a response.
And make sure to shake their hands and look them in the eyes when talking to them.

If you look down, that shows uncertainty or that you may not be telling the truth.
Good advice, thank you!
I wouldn't hire anyone that doesn't give a firm hand shake.

lol jk I've met a very hard working guy that had the hand shake of a five year old.
Noted! Nice firm handshake.
I've been on both sides of the panel interview table many times. FYI, I'm an engineer.

- Have confidence.
- Everyone expects you to be nervous, so don't freak out.
- Speak honestly with passion for what you are interviewing for (and have passion once you get the job!)
- Sell yourself in a non-arrogant way every chance you get. That's is why you are there.
- When given the opportunity, ask intelligent questions about the company you are interviewing with. However, do not try to control the conversation. Let them ask the questions and they will give you an opportunity to ask yours at the end; be ready.
- Even better is to understand what your interviewers do and ask intelligent questions about their responsibilities and your future responsibilities.
- If you are the right candidate they will try to sell you on the company. They may not even know they are doing this. Take the cues and set yourself up for good employment negotiations by asking the right questions.
- Relax and have some fun. If you can squeeze in a little relaxed humor it sets everyone at ease and will help them to remember you.

We usually do 'can do' and 'will do' teams. Be prepared to talk about your skills and experiences but also talk about who you are, your attitude, and what you can bring to the company. Back everything up with real examples from your life. Those that talk fluff and can't back up a skill or attitude with real life experience can be weeded out quickly.
Incredible advice! You are the man!
Check your zipper.
Haha noted.
Abolutely know as much as you can about the company and never ask about salary, benefits, vacation, etc unless it is raised by the panel.
Got that covered!

Thank you everybody. Please keep the information coming!

CAPTAIN JACK

Established Member
know as much company " history " as you can, remember all the people there probably
had to go through the same process as you at one time. Focus on what they want, not
what you want...and thank them.

Users who are viewing this thread