friends rear-end exploded, now warrenty is voided !!

SALEENGTROUSH

who wants to race ?
Established Member
my buddy had his car in the dealership for a bad crank pulley, told them the rear end was leaking, so it needed fixed... so they said ok we will re-seal it and it will be ok... so he said ok... picks it up wed. afternoon, on wed night it blows up!! takes it back on thursday, they say, oh well thats from abuse were not covering it, what the hell should he do ???

Cobra03FLA

Titties & Beer!
Established Member
I cant beleive everyone who runs theres hard doesnt have the billetflow brace. Its commonly known that the cover breaks easy. :shrug:

Gastrader1

Established Member
There is absolutely nothing he can do, by Ford's policy ANY modifications to the vehicle can void any or all of the factory warranty. Regardless, of how the vehicle has been driven. They do not have to prove abuse if any parts have been replaced by aftermarket equipment.

03gobluecobra

torque steer sucks
Established Member
yeah but what if he was stock? What if they just didn't torque the bolts down correctly? Chances are with it blowing up right after he got it back, Ford screwed it up. Unless if course he was abusing it. I would talk to the manager, call SVT, get a lawyer involved, whatever is needed. If he's modded though, he should just give up and buy a billetflow brace and put it back together the right way.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
how long had it been leaking?

might have failed because it overheated due to the lack of lube

PDubs

Established Member
Sounds like he might be f'd. I would try to take it back since they JUST worked on it, but I wouldn't expect much. This is the second story (maybe more) in as many months about the pumpkin blowing. Time for a BF brace.

SALEENGTROUSH

who wants to race ?
Established Member
PDubs said:
Sounds like he might be f'd. I would try to take it back since they JUST worked on it, but I wouldn't expect much. This is the second story (maybe more) in as many months about the pumpkin blowing. Time for a BF brace.

yea he did... the next day... and they said its goin to cost him 2500 to get it fixed... :shrug:

PIXER

Banned
Just sent a message to Doug, forget saving for the predator to put my pulleys on, I need to reprioritize my list and save my car while I still can. MAn I hope he has some in stock. Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Any concelation my Terminator is on its 3rd rear end. After 1k miles the factory equipted one was replaced for some apparent reason, then since I have had the car I have taken it to Ford for a leaking rear end 4 times. Finally told them that I needed a new rear end because Bumper to Bumper was almost up and I was tired of it. They concluded that the rear end that they just replaced had a small crack that was only noticable when the car got warmed up. :bs: :bs: :bs: They just didnt want to replace the damn thing the first time. Sorry but after you use like 3 bottles/tubes of sealant and the thing still leaks, then ummmm........... theres a problem Houston. Good luck, your going to need it.

03DOHC

Established Member
Gastrader1 said:
There is absolutely nothing he can do, by Ford's policy ANY modifications to the vehicle can void any or all of the factory warranty. Regardless, of how the vehicle has been driven. They do not have to prove abuse if any parts have been replaced by aftermarket equipment.
That's not true. That might be how Ford plays the game, because they can afford POS million dollar lawyers, but that's not what the law says. Unfortunately, ford can outspend anyone here so in the long run you lose, but that doesn't make it right.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
What were his mods? What was he doing when it exploded? I think he might have a case to be discussed with SVT, but if he is heavily modded he is probably sh** out of luck IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread