From a dead stop... Full throttle 1st gear

Yeah you may be thinking "That's impossible with this car" but I need it to be reality. What all will I need to be able to just smash the gas in 1st gear full throttle WOT going to 6K without breaking my IRS? Nitto/BFG Drag Radials? IRS Brace?

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
lots of carefully applied vht......
M/T Drag Radials at 14 psi.......
Billetflow IRS brace......
mystical protection charm spell for the sake of your halfshafts and differential......

racebronco2

Established Member
i have the torsen and i have no wheel hop ... i am running stock tires ..... if i rev it up pop the clutch i can smoke the tires, i do have to let off a little cause it will hit the rev limiter before the speed of the car matches the rpm of the engine

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
move to FL...add 95 degree day with 90% humidity nitto or some big Drag radials, and you will have a chance.

I ask this because I hate having to ease out in 1st gear from a stop then punching it when I'm at 3K and still getting small wheel hop, but then finally I can smash the throttle to the floor in 2nd gear. Even with a Solid Axle or IRS with Level 5 Halfshafts and IRS brace what else could I break doing it? With Level 5 Half Shafts I can't quite possibly seeing that going but not sure if the IRS brace would be strong enough to handle it.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
nikemason said:
...snip... and still getting small wheel hop, but then finally I can smash the throttle to the floor in 2nd gear. ...snip....

what are your wheelhop mods?

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
nikemason said:
Yeah you may be thinking "That's impossible with this car" but I need it to be reality. What all will I need to be able to just smash the gas in 1st gear full throttle WOT going to 6K without breaking my IRS? Nitto/BFG Drag Radials? IRS Brace?

you mean you've been thrashing on your car without a BilletFlow IRS cover brace?

WHY?? :dw:

Last edited:
I get no response. On the website, it says he is making more so their aren't any in stock and he doesn't contact me yet I see plenty people saying they've ordered it.

Last edited:

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
nikemason said:
I get no response. On the website, it says he is making more so their aren't any in stock and he doesn't contact me yet I see plenty people saying they've ordered it.

313-388-8228

dougwg

Established Member
it's as simple as calling...

We sell the IRS Braces so fast that most of the time we have them and SOMETIMES we don't

If our website says we're out of stock but we're not, so what?... just call

BUT

If the website says that we are not out of stock and someone calls and we are out of stock.... they get pissed.

I don't have time to update the website hourly, sorry.

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
JB said:
you mean you've been thrashing on your car without a BilletFlow IRS cover brace?

WHY?? :dw:

I thrash on my car all the time with a stone stock IRS. :D Why?? I have a built solid axle waiting to go in. On a hot day here in TN, the Nittos get pretty soft, so I can usually punch it in first gear and hook, and when it hooks, I don't get wheelhop.

Tranzlucent

Invade and Terminate!
Established Member
Doug- I was checking out your website and saw what appeared to be a complete rear diff cover with the IRS brace molded into one. Is that something that I can purchase?

dougwg

Established Member
I only made 8 of those, and they all have happy homes...

when I have more time I may do them again

Cobra03FLA

Titties & Beer!
Established Member
All I have is bfg drag radials and the billetflow brace and I have almost no spin (unless I really try) or hop in first or second gear :thumbsup:

9746Cobra

spinnin4Vs
Established Member
On one occasion on the street I let out the clutch, bogged it and floored it. No spin or wheel hop all the way though 1st and 2nd! Stock rear, pulley, and Kumho tires.

My car never has wheel hop. I dunno why, it spins, but no hop. Street tires at 35psi.

9746Cobra

Users who are viewing this thread