Front Bumper Question

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Ana,
I don't see any reason as to why Maier Racings splitter wouldnt work with the stock 03/04 cobra spoiler/airdam thats already on your bumper. Add their splitter and call it a day no need to swap out another part yet again!

N/Angel

Crazy Swiss Chick!
Established Member
Premium Member
yeah I was wondering about that last night.

guess I need to call maier racing and find out some more details. the spoiler they use, do you know what material it is? given that it looks like the mach 1 chin I'm assuming it could fit on a 03-04 bumper just as well... then add the splitter. not sure if the stock mach1 chin spoiler works with the splitter

racebronco2

Established Member
Ana,
I don't see any reason as to why Maier Racings splitter wouldnt work with the stock 03/04 cobra spoiler/airdam thats already on your bumper. Add their splitter and call it a day no need to swap out another part yet again!

yeah I was wondering about that last night.

guess I need to call maier racing and find out some more details. the spoiler they use, do you know what material it is? given that it looks like the mach 1 chin I'm assuming it could fit on a 03-04 bumper just as well... then add the splitter. not sure if the stock mach1 chin spoiler works with the splitter

I called them today to order the spoiler. It is made from fiberglass. They use the spoiler to mount the splitter.

The cobra bumper lip is made from rubber, behind it the bumper has a molded lip on it. I believe the maier spoiler mounts to the cobra bumper. The mach spoiler is rubber and you cannot use it to mount the splitter to it. I'll know more at the end of the week when it gets here.

N/Angel

Crazy Swiss Chick!
Established Member
Premium Member
I called them today to order the spoiler. It is made from fiberglass. They use the spoiler to mount the splitter.

The cobra bumper lip is made from rubber, behind it the bumper has a molded lip on it. I believe the maier spoiler mounts to the cobra bumper. The mach spoiler is rubber and you cannot use it to mount the splitter to it. I'll know more at the end of the week when it gets here.

I sent Maier Racing an email last night asking if the spoiler/splitter would fit on a 03-04 cobra bumper just to be sure. now that you already ordered it I'm
looking forward to see how it turns out when you get it. keep us posted and post some pics :beer:

racebronco2

Established Member
I sent Maier Racing an email last night asking if the spoiler/splitter would fit on a 03-04 cobra bumper just to be sure. now that you already ordered it I'm
looking forward to see how it turns out when you get it. keep us posted and post some pics :beer:

Well kinda bad news, they called me back to tell me that the shipping was going to be 95.00 so i had to pass on the spoiler. Now if someone close to me wants a spoiler also shipping for 2 would only be a couple of dollars extra. The problem is the box is going to be 60" x 24" x 6" and requires you to pay based on the length. It only weighs 10lbs.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
I'm in Kansas so I have no choice but to take the shipping cost up you know where.... but you're IN California. Yeah its a big state I know, but drive down there already see Maier Racings shop. Maybe learn something from them in the process, throw the spoiler in the trunk and drive home. Road trip!!!

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
I'm in Kansas so I have no choice but to take the shipping cost up you know where.... but you're IN California. Yeah its a big state I know, but drive down there already see Maier Racings shop. Maybe learn something from them in the process, throw the spoiler in the trunk and drive home. Road trip!!!

Maier is 365 miles North of me. Guess I won't be the guinea pig.. :nonono:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Well kinda bad news, they called me back to tell me that the shipping was going to be 95.00 so i had to pass on the spoiler. Now if someone close to me wants a spoiler also shipping for 2 would only be a couple of dollars extra. The problem is the box is going to be 60" x 24" x 6" and requires you to pay based on the length. It only weighs 10lbs.

Carlos, what was the total shipped?

racebronco2

Established Member
The parts was 199.00 plus 95.00 shipping. Total would be somewhere around 320.00. I am just going to buy some aluminum and make my own splitter.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
FrontSplitter.jpg
\

Looks like it will stick out on the sides as well without a widebody kit, how does that affect Aero?

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
I'm waiting to hear back from them about that. also asked if they could make a standard width splitter for people that are not running the flares.

Good idea. Keep us posted :rockon:

edit: Good luck with your shipping fees :eek:

BlackStripes

Established Member
I talked to them a couple of weeks ago. Those pieces are made for the 99-01 cobra front end.

The spoiler was designed to have a lip at the bottom, facing back (towards the center of car) to bolt the splitter to it. But it didn't really came out that way, the lip was supposed to be 3 inches long and it's only 1/2 inch now. So, basically, if you get it i'd use it to a platform to put your own splitter. At least the bottom of the front end will be flat to do whatever you want.

I have a front end of an 01 cobra in my basement :) ... i am going to get one, and then try to design a splitter that i can take on/off easy...

As for the splitter, i'd do what Carlos is saying, have a custom dive plane attached to it and you will increase aero... actually dive planes are quite good for the size!

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
When I got the cobra front bumper for my GT, I bought the foglight buckets and the stock lip for it. I used small nuts and bolts to attach the lip to the bumper, so there was no way that sucker was coming off. APR (www.aprperformance) makes a bunch of carbon fiber splitters for all kinds of cars and I'm sure they can make you one that fits your bumper well. Mount it straight to the lip and use the little turnbuckle things to hold it up in the front and you should be ok.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
it might be the angle of the picture but it kinda looks very high off the ground :shrug: any pictures from the sides and full front?

wing.jpg

All I can find. Looks a little higher than the stock 03/04 Cobra 'lip' since it is thinner, and the OEM lip is removed.

Users who are viewing this thread