Front bumper repair 2008 Chevy Silverado HELP

Ocho Cinco
Established Member
I know this may not be the right place but i thought i'd go ahead and try. I am trying to get my front bumper repaired on my 2008 silverado. I can either go through my insurance which is a 1,000 deductable or bring it to a body shop. Just eyeballing it can someone "guestimate" how much something like this would run for repair? I have NO paint damage. Infact the only damage seems to be the stainless portion fo the bumper as well as the plastic piece that houses my front tow hooks.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/pho...581705&Signature=rYUovk5TLECKsdMa1lG3+PvrsrE=

Last edited:

txyaloo

Established Member
You want someone to give you an estimate online, or are you asking if a body shop can do it? Yes, a body shop can give you an estimate.

If it's just the bumper, why not go to a pick and pull and replace it yourself? They're a pretty easy swap.

Dusten

Established Member
that front bumper is about 4 bolts. go to car-parts.com and buy a used one. way cheaper. and then when you're done, call your ****ing insurance and lower your deductible. Retards have $1000 deductibles.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
Buy one used... If possible.. Theyre easy to install and you'll save a ton of money. **** going to a body shop.. They will bend you over with a price.

70Maverick

Established Member
that front bumper is about 4 bolts. go to car-parts.com and buy a used one. way cheaper. and then when you're done, call your ****ing insurance and lower your deductible. Retards have $1000 deductibles.

I suppose this is officially a thread hijack but I am curious why you would say that? Why pay your insurance company more money than you have to? Higher deductibles equals lower premiums. So long as you make sure that you have the $1,000 put up somewhere, it only makes sense to do it. The odds are in your favor unless you are a terrible driver and wreck constantly. I have made my $1,000 back via the lower premiums many times over by now. Now I am earning interest on it.

Only retards want to pay higher premiums than necessary.

:shrug:

Dusten

Established Member
I suppose this is officially a thread hijack but I am curious why you would say that? Why pay your insurance company more money than you have to? Higher deductibles equals lower premiums. So long as you make sure that you have the $1,000 put up somewhere, it only makes sense to do it. The odds are in your favor unless you are a terrible driver and wreck constantly. I have made my $1,000 back via the lower premiums many times over by now. Now I am earning interest on it.

Only retards want to pay higher premiums than necessary.

:shrug:

^agreed.

learn to drive

My premium difference was minimal at best. I believe it was like $65 every six months less for $1000 premium vs the $200 i have.
Here is an example of why I have it though. 2 years ago I came out to a parking lot to find my lightning had been backed into. The lower grill was destroy, hole in the bumper, license plate bracket ripped off. The total bill at the shop was almost 1600. That means if I had a ****ing $1000 deductible, my insurance wasnt even picking up half. But because I have such a low deductible i was only responsible for $200 of it. With some creative work by the body shop(ie not reinstalling a front plate bracket $84, and putting on aftermarket grills that were $25 cheaper than just the lower from ford) I came out of pocket $23 for the hit and run, where as captain $1000 would have been out of pocket a significant amount for something that isnt there fault. Its not about learning to ****ing drive, its about weighing the differences. Basically at my insurance rates it would take me six years of insurance premiums to cover the difference between the two deductibles.

Users who are viewing this thread