Front control arm help needed QUICKLY!!!

Blown4v

Just Another Sell Out
Established Member
Car is at the shop now getting the 04 cobra a arms put on, but apparently I have the D&D Motorsports K member that doesnt accept factory arms, so I cant use them.

The shop is telling me that the ball joints in the D&D arms are shot/worn out.

What are my options? Is there a replacement ball joint for after market D&D arms? Will aftermarket arms such as UPR work with this?

I would ask D&D but they are out of business. I need help quickly.

Thanks

101blur

Established Member
not sure about that D&D K-member but I would ru to the local store and see if a stock ball joint will fit..
otherwise maybe a steeda X2 will work..? not sure good luck

Blown4v

Just Another Sell Out
Established Member
have them take out the ball joints from the cobra arms you bought and put them in the d&d ones :) if they will work on the unit

wont work..

UPR says they can send me a set of ball joints for tubular arms, but they werent sure if they would work with the D&D arms

Does anyone know if the balljoints for two different tubular arms are universal? Or better yet, has anyone ever changed out balljoints on tubular arms?

Blown4v

Just Another Sell Out
Established Member
not sure about that D&D K-member but I would ru to the local store and see if a stock ball joint will fit..
otherwise maybe a steeda X2 will work..? not sure good luck

called steeda today and the guy was absolutely no help nor did he seem to try to help. I wanted to know if an X2 would work.

You would think a guy that works there would know if their ball joints worked in aftermarket arms.....:shrug:

from what the shop tells me, the D&D arms wont accept a stock type ball joint

I need to get something figured out here.........

tt54l32v

Established Member
my qa1 tubular arms look like the stock style will fit tell the shop to knock em out nd take it with you to the auto parts store and just tell em i need one of these

9cobrastang7

Gogo Green Machine
Established Member
The ones from UPR should work... Have you tried to contact D&D. I know they are a nightmare to deal with... trust me I waited 3 months for my k-member/a-arms and very very very very shitty coilovers that siezed in the front and back b/c they use such shitty material.:burn:
AHHHH brining back bad memories sorry.

Blown4v

Just Another Sell Out
Established Member
The ones from UPR should work... Have you tried to contact D&D. I know they are a nightmare to deal with... trust me I waited 3 months for my k-member/a-arms and very very very very shitty coilovers that siezed in the front and back b/c they use such shitty material.:burn:
AHHHH brining back bad memories sorry.

they are out of business

Blown4v

Just Another Sell Out
Established Member
update,

shop called and told me that the ball joints were actually OK, just a torn boot on one of them and that I should still have a few miles left on them. They did find that the D&D coilovers were put in wrong and were screwed up. So they are putting on a new set of coilovers and should have the car back together today with new rack bushings, new Dspecs, M/M camber plates and tie rods for lowered cars. Unfortunately I wont be able to use the BRAND NEW 04 cobra A arms, so they will be going back to Summit

props to John Bonner at Dynospeed for dealing with something that should have been straighforward but wasnt. He ran across town this morning to get a new set of coilovers to get this finished. After that, car will be data logged to try and identify the stalling problem when coming to a stop

Users who are viewing this thread