front lower control arm brace

1 srt4 U

Established Member
I saw Ford racing and BMR both make a control arm brace for the front. I know some cars like the Shelby's came stock with them but I looked and my GT didnt. Has anyone looked into these at all? What do they mainly help with? Cornering? Or straight 1/4? I am looking for a little more chassis stiffening. Its either between this, or the panhard bar brace.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
i had mine stock with the GT500, but i now use a BMR Kmember setup an do not have the brace on now. handling wise i cant tell the different with an with out the brace for the A arms.

GeorgeInNePa

Established Member
I saw Ford racing and BMR both make a control arm brace for the front. I know some cars like the Shelby's came stock with them but I looked and my GT didnt. Has anyone looked into these at all? What do they mainly help with? Cornering? Or straight 1/4? I am looking for a little more chassis stiffening. Its either between this, or the panhard bar brace.

I have an OEM brace on my 2011. Is your car a base model? My '11 is a premium and also had a strut tower brace.

You could probably find a used OEM brace cheap, if you really want one.

I was thinking about taking mine off, it's got to be worth a few pounds...

:-D

Users who are viewing this thread