Front Number Plate

age03

Established Member
Well it was only a matter of time and yesterday I was stopped by the police for not having a front plate, as there's no specific area to fit one and although I was let off I need to sort this out.
I've done a search and there seems to be a couple of options for one's that don't require any drilling into the bumper
Can anyone recommend a good one please

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Well it was only a matter of time and yesterday I was stopped by the police for not having a front plate, as there's no specific area to fit one and although I was let off I need to sort this out.
I've done a search and there seems to be a couple of options for one's that don't require any drilling into the bumper
Can anyone recommend a good one please
Here is the only one I would choose.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...h-1-no-drill-front-license-plate-bracket.html

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
try giving him a call he usually answers right away and say you were referred by people on here, he'll hook you up. The guy's name is Craig.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Definitely call or contact Craig. Nice guy, and the product really works. Check out how he even covers the bracket so that it doesn't scratch your bumper. You won't be disappointed.

mysterio

Established Member
I can vouch for Craig's product being a great option if you HAVE to have a front plate. The idea of drilling is just horrible.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Ive gotten 1 ticket in 5+ years, and 13K miles.

Hopefully I'll NEVER have to put one on. :nonono:

hahahaha I got you beat .... 10 years and well over 100k miles and zero tickets .... now I gotta go find some wood to knock on

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member
hahahaha I got you beat .... 10 years and well over 100k miles and zero tickets .... now I gotta go find some wood to knock on

I eant on the cobra. I never had a front plate on my VR4, or my SHO, and NEVER go hassled. And I got a ton of tickets in the SHO.

The only ticket I have in my cobra is, "no front plate". :bash:

gibsonboy3000

Established Member
well i guess i should order one to... got pulled over today for no front plate and a ticket 2 weeks ago for no front plate "/ and i just paid for no front plate a couple months ago... "/ its d price i have to pay for not havin those hideous front plates on my cars...

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
well i guess i should order one to... got pulled over today for no front plate and a ticket 2 weeks ago for no front plate "/ and i just paid for no front plate a couple months ago... "/ its d price i have to pay for not havin those hideous front plates on my cars...

yeah you got to pay to play sometimes. were you stopped by state or county cops? up around Austin it seems the only ones stopping for it are the state guys.

Avispa

Established Member
...but I LIKE my front plate, just as much as the back one. Look in the mirror and you know the bumble bee is gonna sting you!

Cobra1.jpg

gibsonboy3000

Established Member
yeah you got to pay to play sometimes. were you stopped by state or county cops? up around Austin it seems the only ones stopping for it are the state guys.

well ive had everybody tellin me to put it on... state troopers, sherriffs, counstables, hpd... yah ive been pulled over alot "/ i guess cuz they all c me as a lil punk kid...

B-O-B'03

Established Member
Ive gotten 1 ticket in 5+ years, and 13K miles.

Hopefully I'll NEVER have to put one on. :nonono:

I have been stopped twice in my car, for no front plate... once by the Highway patrol and once by the city cops.

No tickets for that.

I have been stopped a couple of other times, in the last 8 years, 1 ticket for 62 in a 40 and once for "exhibiting speed" whatever the F that means.

As long as I own the car it will never have a front plate and after I am dead someone else can have the car and they can put the plate on or not... their call.

-Brian

age03

Established Member
There is always the chance of being pulled by a cop who’s fine with it and lets you off with a warning but there’s always the one who’s an arse and throws the book at you, £60 fine here and possible points on your licence but not sure about that.
The main thing for me is, as what was pointed out, because we have loads of speed cameras with plate recognition, especially on the Motorways, if the car is stolen and reported it wouldn’t pick it up therefore wouldn’t notify the Police resulting in no ‘Hot Pursuit’ to rescue it back, which is fair enough I thought, wouldn’t want that to happen but also it would invalidate the insurance meaning no pay out and I definitely wouldn’t what that to happen, so it’s a front plate for me for sure.
Could that happen with your insurance company to any of you guys who should have front plates?

Users who are viewing this thread