front pads in miami?

victorc

Established Member
Does anyone know who stocks front pads for a 2014 GT500? Dealers don't have them and one or two performance shops don't have them. Hawk apparently never answers the phone and probably aren't in Miami.

Van@RevanRacing

Does anyone know who stocks front pads for a 2014 GT500? Dealers don't have them and one or two performance shops don't have them. Hawk apparently never answers the phone and probably aren't in Miami.

I've got Hawk Performance Ceramic Pads in stock for the front and rear. Work great and lower brake dust.

Van
Revan Racing, Inc.
561-445-7702

carguy19

Established Member
While you guys are on the topic, Van and Manuel and PBH.

What pads are the best out for reducing the dust for our cars? I know there are a few options, I just want the lowest dust pads I can get.

I dont autocross or track car (other then 1/4 miles).

Thanks fellas.

BOSSPOWER

Established Member
While you guys are on the topic, Van and Manuel and PBH.

What pads are the best out for reducing the dust for our cars? I know there are a few options, I just want the lowest dust pads I can get.

I dont autocross or track car (other then 1/4 miles).

Thanks fellas.

I am still on my stock pads, but will be moving to Carbotech. I can't talk about Hawk's, but I had seen some members talking about the Hawk's do not cover the complete surface are of our rotors. Carbotech's have 3 different types of applications for our cars and cover all the surface area of our rotors.

Manuel

carguy19

Established Member
I am still on my stock pads, but will be moving to Carbotech. I can't talk about Hawk's, but I had seen some members talking about the Hawk's do not cover the complete surface are of our rotors. Carbotech's have 3 different types of applications for our cars and cover all the surface area of our rotors.

Manuel

Thanks Manuel,

I just want to make sure that I am getting the pads that will dust the least. Like I said I dont do track events, just street and drag.

The stock pads are terrible for dust.

Snoopy49

Established Member
I have the Carbotech ceramics on my car and get less dust in 1500 town miles than I did with the originals in 50 town miles and no squeal.

Snoopy49

Established Member
Carbotech™ 1521™
The Carbotech™ 1521™ is our high performance street compound. The 1521™ compound is known for its release and modulation, along with unmatched rotor friendliness. 1521™ is also a very low dusting and low noise compound with an excellent initial bite. This compound's excellent linear torque production provides incredible braking force without ABS intervention. Carbotech™ 1521™ operating range starts out at ambient and goes up to 800°F (426°C+). 1521™ is suitable for ALL street cars, perfect for your tow vehicle or fleet vehicle. Carbotech™ 1521™ is NOT recommended for ANY track use.

crucianpilot

Feel the need for speed!
Established Member
Carbotech™ 1521™
The Carbotech™ 1521™ is our high performance street compound. The 1521™ compound is known for its release and modulation, along with unmatched rotor friendliness. 1521™ is also a very low dusting and low noise compound with an excellent initial bite. This compound's excellent linear torque production provides incredible braking force without ABS intervention. Carbotech™ 1521™ operating range starts out at ambient and goes up to 800°F (426°C+). 1521™ is suitable for ALL street cars, perfect for your tow vehicle or fleet vehicle. Carbotech™ 1521™ is NOT recommended for ANY track use.

Where did you buy them from and do you have the part numbers?

Snoopy49

Established Member
Where did you buy them from and do you have the part numbers?

I bought mine from Eric Wong at Brakeswap.The brakes pads are drop shipped from Carbotech, so you get them fresh from the factory. If you want them in black you will have to paint them yourself, they are red from the factory. They are color coded according to the compound. Mention that you heard about him on SVTP and see if he will cut you a deal.

Here is a link to other authorized dealers.
Carbotech Dealers

Front P/N CTGT500-1521 - 2013-4 GT500
Rear P/N CT1562-1521

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
On Snoop's recommendation I did the Carbotechs in 1521 on front and rear a few months ago. I ordered from Eric at Brakeswap. You have to call him to get the better pricing. Well worth it and much less dust. Very pleased with the results.

Tom

crucianpilot

Feel the need for speed!
Established Member
I bought mine from Eric Wong at Brakeswap.The brakes pads are drop shipped from Carbotech, so you get them fresh from the factory. If you want them in black you will have to paint them yourself, they are red from the factory. They are color coded according to the compound. Mention that you heard about him on SVTP and see if he will cut you a deal.

Here is a link to other authorized dealers.
Carbotech Dealers

Front P/N CTGT500-1521 - 2013-4 GT500
Rear P/N CT1562-1521

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread