FRPP Forged Wheels & M/T DRs

04nccobra

Established Member
Thinking about getting a bit more aggressive on the tires and wheels of my 12Brembo car. I am considering the FRPP Forged 19 x 10" rears with M/T 305-35-19" DRs, to both reduce weight and gain traction, and the FRPP 19 x 9" up front with the stock 255s. As the car will be street driven I want to keep the 19" look. My only mods are Pro-Cal and GT500 mufflers.

I was wondering if anyone has these wheels or tires that can comment,

Sof Top

boost junkie!
Established Member
Not much drag radial tire options with the 19"...Unless your dead set with the MT 305's

Fun4me

Established Member
Those bad-boys are heavy. Notice how the description says low-pressure cast. Is that a typo? Real forged wheels would be more expensive, IMO. But not that much more, and would be 10lbs lighter.

04nccobra

Established Member
Looks like 29.8 lbs for the 19x9, and 31.6 lbs for the 19x10, any idea what the stock Brembo wheels weight is?

kingnut

Established Member
ford did make that wheel fully forged but it was lighter than that. it must be cast if thats the real weight. it came on the 2010 GT500 but not the 2011.

Torchy

Established Member
I wanna know more about these tires. Anyone have them that can comment?

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
Why buy those when you can buy TWS's for about $100 per wheel LESS, in 20's. They will be stronger, lighter, and over all nicer.

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
I have a set of the 19x9's for winter driving with Pirelli PNero Zero 245/45's and 275/40's (rear). Front combo is 60.2lbs and rear is 61.6lbs. Everything I've ever read says they are forged. Keep in mind they mimic OEM GT500 SVTPP's so likely have to pass all the usual Ford quality control and testing standards for a production part.

Point is they are probably heavier than most aftermarket due to qc standards.

Last edited:

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
They will be stronger, lighter, and over all nicer.

Says you:) I wanted a set of 19's for winter driving as the 20's have so little sidewall. They are expensive but since many vendors carry them you can usually catch a promo discount or two.

Last edited:

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
Funny enough after looking at the wheel specs on FRPP site they indicate the 19x9 is forged and the 19x10 is low pressure cast. First time I've ever seen this listed so probably a good question for FR hotline.

SVTPPWheelSpec_zpsecdd4c37.jpg

Fun4me

Established Member
Funny enough after looking at the wheel specs on FRPP site they indicate the 19x9 is forged and the 19x10 is low pressure cast. First time I've ever seen this listed so probably a good question for FR hotline.

SVTPPWheelSpec_zpsecdd4c37.jpg

2k for cast wheels that are made in taiwan, no thx. For a few hundred more you can get the BBS Boss 18's, if your heart is set on Ford Racing.

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm totally with you on supporting US manufacturing. But I got the set for $1640 shipped from CJPP which was a lot cheaper than 3k in TF stuff. Plus they match my SVTPP summer set. So for me it was a good enough deal.

Would like to have the BBS FR 18's for the track but they are really expensive!

Users who are viewing this thread