FRPS keeps letting go

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm a little confused with this. I had one go in April, let the car sit all summer and finally got a new one in about a month ago and changed all the plugs. Put it in and let the car run for about 25 minutes. Everything seemed all good. Car sat again for a little while. Pulled the car out of the garage last month and immediately check engine light comes on. Code is FRPS which is obviously means it went again. I'm at a loss of why this keeps happening. Third one in a year I have to buy.

I have stock fuel system, 60# injectors, upgraded FPDM, and pprv delete

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I believe I recall seeing it being a tune issue and the pressure wave pops the bladder. Kenne Bell was making a burst disc which was just a restrictor or the tune needs to be corrected

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
I figured that I was hoping it was going to be something simple. I was planning on doing a return system this winter anyway. Thanks guys.

01yellercobra

Established Member
That's weird that it's popping the FRPS at such a low load. The first one that popped on me was at idle, but it only did it once and it was the original piece with about 105k on it. If you were wanting to drive it before swapping to return style then you should do some datalogging to see what's going on. Sounds like a tune issue to me.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
That's weird that it's popping the FRPS at such a low load. The first one that popped on me was at idle, but it only did it once and it was the original piece with about 105k on it. If you were wanting to drive it before swapping to return style then you should do some datalogging to see what's going on. Sounds like a tune issue to me.

+1 you'll want to log pressure drop across the injectors. You'll probably end up seeing spikes or plateaus depending on the range is clipped.

Mine let at idle on a return system but 100k+ miles, on e85, sat off the car for a year, blah blah.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
I mean the car has had the same tune in it since like 09 and I haven't changed anything motor wise just suspension in all that time so it would seem strange that the tune has a shelf life on it or something.

There is another issue which I gather all relates to each other because I was having an issue with the car cutting out on the track at wide open throttle and can't really determine if it's an electronic or a mechanical issue.

And I don't believe after I change it again that there's going to be enough time for me to datalog it. I think the fuel system is a must and I'll have it retuned after

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Wonder if something’s messed up with the pump then... honestly I’d try to find a burst disc somewhere for now

01yellercobra

Established Member
Do you still have the stock FPDM stored somewhere?

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
I was trying to remedy the hesitation I'm getting on the track so I wanted to check the fpdm off the list, that's the only reason I bought it

Users who are viewing this thread