FS: 1993 Reef Blue LX

wieduwilt

"30 clips in a mag"
Established Member
FS: 1993 Reef Blue LX - Price Change!

I'm sure some a you will know this car. But for those who do not, I will give a quick rundown.

I purchased it last summer from Dave after my Mach 1 was totaled. I've had my fun with the car, learned a lot from it, but it's time to let it go so I can be on to my next project. All parts in red were either added or replaced an old part over the winter after I blew a head gasket and went through the motor. All these parts in red have been on for ~2,500 miles.

- 1993 Reef Blue LX original 5.0 car

Paint: 7.5/10
- Was very well maintained by the previous owner and myself, but obviously has the signs of being 21 years old now
- Body has a few small dings here and there, but are hard to spot out from touch-up paint
- Very bottom of the front bumper is cracked, was like that when I purchased it

Interior: 8.5/10
- Stock front and rear seats were removed and I still have them, installing the rear seat delete is on the to-do list before selling
- Has Corbeau FX1 seats, Corbeau harness bar, Corbeau 5-point harnesses, Autometer Pro-Comp gauges for oil pressure, boost, fuel pressure, and RPM with shift light (see signature)

Engine (all machine work done by BB&T in Southaven, MS):
- Original 5.0 block: bored .030 over and honed - now a 306
- All new bearings
- New forged and coated pistons and rings
- I had the rods ARP fitted
- Crank was polished and balanced
- All internals were balanced
- New oil pump
- New oil pump driveshaft
- New ARP head studs

Heads (all machine work done by BB&T in Southaven, MS):
- Fresh Edelbrock Performers:
- Ported and polished
- New valves, guides, springs, retainers, etc
- New Crane Cams 1.7 rocker arms and were individually shimmed/adjusted
- New Crane Cams hardened, one piece pushrods
- Cometic head gaskets
- Fabricated valve covers off a friend's X275 car, new gaskets and ARP studs
- Twin Moroso breather tanks with -12AN fittings, steel-braided lines fitted to -12AN fittings on each valve cover

Intake:
- Cobra upper and lower intake
- 1" intake spacer to clear the valve covers

Exhaust:
- BBK 1 5/8 ceramic coated longtube headers
- BBK off-road x-pipe
- Flowmaster American thunder catback with polished tips (off now to clear slicks)

Boost:
- Vortech V1 Si-Trim
- Anderson Power Pipe
- All brackets painted wrinkle black
- Currently has a 2.9" pulley installed, but will include a 3" and 3.33" pulley as well
- Currently makes ~5psi at 3,000RPM and ~14psi by 6,000RPM

Ignition & Tuning:
- MSD 6AL ignition: wire bundle was loomed and routed to passenger firewall, looks very clean and is almost unnoticable, box is mounted in passenger side footwell
- MSD coil
- MSD cap and rotor
- FRPP plug wires
- New A9L PCM (old one was fried)
- Moates Quarterhorse chip: uses Binary Editor for tuning and is capable of live, real-time tuning changes, datalogging, etc
- Zeitronix AFRM wideband display: mounted in center console under A/C switches

Wheels & Tires: Were all purchased brand new more ~2 months ago and have ~300 miles on them, including 6 passes but only 3 burnouts
- Weld Draglites: the only thing keeping these from being brand new is that they have been mounted and have mileage on them, all four are absolutely spotless and void of any curbrash, 15x3.5 fronts, 15x10 rears
- Front tires are All Season 165/40-15's
- Rear tires are 28x9 M/T slicks
- Also note that the tailpipes were removed to give clearance for the slicks, but I will include those with the car

Suspension:
- BBK Gripp lower control arms
- BBK lowering springs
- KYB shocks and struts
- Quad shocks removed (will include with the car)
- Front swap bar removed (will include with the car)

Transmission:
- T5: smooth as butter, two-finger shifting
- Pro-5.0 Short-throw shifter with Hurst handle and shift knob
- FRPP pressure plate
- Centerforce DF clutch disk

Fuel:
- High Flow Fuel Systems 320lph fuel pump
- 60lb injectors
- New fuel filter

Miscellaneous:
- Mishimoto dual 12" electric fans, relayed to turn off/on from the A/C selector
- Aluminum radiator
- Paint washed frequently and protected by Jetseal and a mix of Wet Obsession, Pete's 53, and Son1c Carnaubavore
- The bad? Hood slightly rubs on upper intake. Other than that, nothing. Starts up fine, runs, great oil pressure, and a crisp, healthy exhaust note. Would put street tires on and drive to California tomorrow.

I am sure I am forgetting a few odds and ends and will update this list if any of those come to mind. The car has been 11.70's multiple times in 90* weather on an un-prepped track with a crummy 1.9x 60'. I have no doubts that the car is capable of at least 11.40's, and is only a baby 50 shot away from being a 10-second car.

Onto the pictures! I will get some of the interior and engine bay tomorrow.

Before the new wheels and tires:
photo 2.JPG

photo 3.JPG

How the car sits now:
10443390_555156641261185_47578369104334201_n.jpg

Please keep in mind that I DO NOT HAVE TO SELL THIS CAR. I am in no hurry nor am I in need of the money provided by selling this car.

Asking price is $12,000 or best reasonable offer. Would consider a trade + cash for a clean body notch. Paint doesn't have to be nice, as long as the body panels are good. I'll be stripping it all down to build a track car anyway. Feel free to PM me with any other questions or offers! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

wieduwilt

"30 clips in a mag"
Established Member
Engine bay: You can see where the hood slightly rubs the upper intake. You can also see the steel-braided lines going from the puke tanks to the valve covers.
Engine Bay.JPG

Moroso puke tanks:
Puke Tanks.JPG

Interior:
Front Interior.JPG

Corbeau Seats.JPG

Gauges.JPG

wieduwilt

"30 clips in a mag"
Established Member
More interior, ignore the towel and box that I keep quick detailer, window cleaner and microfiber towels in.

Harness bar.JPG

Trunk.JPG

wieduwilt

"30 clips in a mag"
Established Member
Taking offers y'all. If you're interested just PM me. Looking to get rid of the car so I can start a new build. Don't hesitate to PM me an offer.

Last edited:

BamaCarz

Established Member
Interested, PM me your bottom dollar. I'm in Cullman AL. Would you consider meeting halfway?

BamaCarz

Established Member
Also, one last thing, can we get a cold start/idle vid of the car when you get a chance please? Thnks

wieduwilt

"30 clips in a mag"
Established Member
Will do that this afternoon if possible. Gotta finish up some motor work on a customer's truck this afternoon that must leave tomorrow, so I might have to pull a grease monkey all-nighter. So it'll probably be late tonight.

wieduwilt

"30 clips in a mag"
Established Member
Will have to be tomorrow. Just now getting off work at 20:30. I'd be an asshat if I started it up now. Not a "neighborly" thing to do... Lol. Tomorrow should be an easy day at work, so I will do it then.

Last edited:

wieduwilt

"30 clips in a mag"
Established Member
So I took a cold startup video this afternoon. It is uploading to YouTube currently. In the meantime, I did some digging and found a video that I can post while the startup video is uploading. This is the second pass on the new Weld wheels and slicks. Video car is a 2008 GT500 (is not an all-out modded car, but is a stout, consistent mid 11 second car) on Mickey Thompson ET Street tires.

[youtube_browser]Cc9VqIx-ndg&feature=youtu.be[/youtube_browser]

Also some pictures I took this afternoon after a wash. The car had been sitting in the garage for about 3 weeks so it had gotten a little dusty.

IMG_0667.JPG

IMG_0671.JPG

IMG_0675.JPG

IMG_0679.JPG

IMG_0677.JPG

Last edited:

wieduwilt

"30 clips in a mag"
Established Member
Cold start video finally uploaded. I'm amazed as to why it takes YouTube about 2 hours to upload a 1 minute video...

[youtube_browser]AMrEvFD2hy4&feature=youtu.be[/youtube_browser]

Users who are viewing this thread