FS: 1998 BAB Cobra

LowNSlowNeon

Established Member
EXTERIOR

- DD Rims/Tires - 03 Cobra Wheels / BFG Geforce Sport Tires
- Springs - BBK springs
- Rear suspension - Steeda upper and lower control arms, KYB shocks, urethane bushings
- Front suspension - Tokico 5 way adjustable drag struts
- Brakes - cross drilled rotors
- Kenny Brown sub frame connectors
- Saleen S281 spoiler

INTERIOR

- Door handles painted to match exterior
- A-pillar guages - Auto Meter Phantom boost and Fuel guages
- MGW ****in' Fast Shift Knob
- MGW Satin Headlight Knob
- MGW Cobra Cigarette Lighter
- Autometer Shift light
- 6pt. Kenny Brown roll cage

- Engine - Engine was bored 0.030 over, Manley H-beams, DSS blower pistons with 8.5-1 compression.
- Vortech S-Trim Supercharger
- 42lbs. injectors with a lightning 90mm Mass air meter
- 03 Cobra T56 Tranny w/ 26 spline input shaft / mcleod tob retainer
- Spec stage 3+ clutch kit
- SCT XCAL2 Tuned by RWTD
- Walboro 255 fuel pump with T-rex pump
- Flowmaster mufflers (dumped)
- Bassani X-pipe
- FRPP shroty ceramic coated headers
- MGW Short Throw Shifter
- Custom Line-Loc Set up
- 4:10 gears with Auburn differential
- Moser 31 spline axles
- 03 Cobra driveshaft
- Driveshaft loop
- ARP Rear Studs
- DM Speed Cal

I am sure theres more modifications that are being left out....but onto the ad:

You guys are going to think I am nuts... I had it for sale earlier... I had a few buyers lined up. Then I backed out like a wuss... Sorry guys for backing out.

I am re-listing it now.... I am taking the Intercooler off as it caused 99% of the problems with the car.. (backwash air to the maf causing it to run like poo)

I want to sell it now for real... I want the extra money....and I can live without the "race car" :)

#3392 of 5174 the 1998 Cobras....
Only 563 Bright Atlantic Blue cobras were made. We all know they are a rare find much less rare to find one modified to this extent. I have a bunch
of receipts on the computer in a folder from the previous owner. Lot's of random receipts and the SVT Certificate / Window sticker on file as well.

I just spent $3000 + on getting a T56 installed. The T56 has under 1500 miles and the clutch set up has less than 1000. I went with the 26 spline inputshaft
and mcleod throw out bearing retainer while the transmission was out. The MGW shifter has less than 100 miles on it... no transmission grinds at all. Only
thing with the T56 is I don't have the reverse lock out solenoid so you have to put effort into shifting into reverse. It's no big deal to me as I am use to it.

Powerwise/QuarterMile Stuff

The car made 450hp and 407tq and ran 12.2s in the quartermile. (previous owner) I.... It ran 11.7 @ 116 with the stock T45 in it going out. I had to granny shift every gear. With the new T56 in it and spec 3+ I have no doubt mid 11s are there without upping the boost. Definitely there if you buy a power pipe.

The car has 95,000 miles on it so it shows some wear... the exterior is pretty nice for its mileage. It has some rock chips in the front bumper and hood but nothing major. The car has maybe 2-3 small dings over the entire body.

Downsides / Cons :

If you read my last ad you'd notice A LOT of down sides.... I'm fixing the oil return line so it won't leak oil from there anymore....

Oh yea, the windshield had a rock chip that spread in the far right corner and went straight up. I just had a shop fill it so it's not very noticeable from the outside and won't spread anymore. It's not as bad as it sounds :)

It could use a new tune to fix some quirks.... car is tuned great at WOT but could not hurt to be tossed on a dyno and iron out the little things.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me or ask them.

The car is located in Biloxi Mississippi and I will deliver to an extent (8 hours away) at the cost of the buyer.

My asking price is $14,000 OBO...

Thanks,

John

Last edited:

LowNSlowNeon

Established Member
Pictures of how the cage is routed through the back seats...

cagebackright.jpg

cagebackseat.jpg

drivesideways46

Adding opposite lock.
Established Member
This may be a dumb question, but I don't suppose you'd consider selling me the shift knob, would you? :-D

I'll put the word out about your car up here, I swear! :beer:

drivesideways46

Adding opposite lock.
Established Member
That's cool.

I'll still put out the word about your car though, if I had a bit more to spend I'd be calling you!

LowNSlowNeon

Established Member
Bump to the top... feel free to PM me any questions..

I am the 2nd owner of this vehicle.... and it has the potential to be a beast.

FATPAUL

To The Bat-Mobile!
Established Member
Well maybe we can work something out im selling mine now and if i can get mine sold before yours then ill get it.

Users who are viewing this thread