fs: 2.3 WHIPPLE

sleeperv6

Established Member
UP FOR SALE IS MY GEN TWO 2.3 WHIPPLE. THIS BLOWER IS IN GREAT WORKING CONDITION WITH APROX 4K MILES. THE REASON FOR SELLING IS BECAUSE I BOUGHT A 2.9 WHIPPLE SO I NO LONGER NEED THIS ONE. THE BLOWER IS OFF THE CAR AND READY TO BE SOLD. I WOULD PREFER A LOCAL BUYER BUT WOULD SHIP TO BUYERS EXPENSE. THANKS! 2,800$ :beer:

whippleeee.jpg

whi.jpg

23.jpg

Last edited:

coketo

Silver Snake!!!
Established Member
man i love those whipples, i just saw someone buying one for 2K am mad!!! lol... but quick questions why would people go from 2.3 to 2.9 in so short time, i seen quite a few people just wondering because am considering buying either one of them. thanks GLWS.

sleeperv6

Established Member
man i love those whipples, i just saw someone buying one for 2K am mad!!! lol... but quick questions why would people go from 2.3 to 2.9 in so short time, i seen quite a few people just wondering because am considering buying either one of them. thanks GLWS.

Well first of all they both make good power. The only reason why I got the 2.9 is cuz my buddy went with turbos so he gave me a good deal on the 2.9. either one would be a good buy. :beer:

coketo

Silver Snake!!!
Established Member
O nice well since u dont need the 2.3 just give it to me.. ill take good care of it :) LOL.. just kidding wish i have the funds to get it but just recently decided to chrome my valve covers and tanks and port my eaton.. so there went some of my fundings :(

Co-brat

FNG
Established Member
Sorry to get off topic really quick (free bump? Lol) but how much did you make with your 2.9L? How much more than the 2.3L?

BUMP!

sleeperv6

Established Member
Sorry to get off topic really quick (free bump? Lol) but how much did you make with your 2.9L? How much more than the 2.3L?

BUMP!

I haven't tuned it with the 2.9 yet.... But I'm guessing anywere from 40-80 HP depending on the boost

Last edited:

nycarpenter

Established Member
Well first of all they both make good power. The only reason why I got the 2.9 is cuz my buddy went with turbos so he gave me a good deal on the 2.9. either one would be a good buy. :beer:

I sold my 2.3 went 2.9 and run 19 psi and have to be honest the car felt better with the 2.3 down low. The 2.9 shines on a setup pushing 21+. As far as lower claimed temps I really do not see them on my gauges. They are both great blowers but I think the 2.9 is for the built motor pushing 700+ and the 2.3 is perfect for 20 psi and below. JMHO

SVT99Stang

Team Pure Insanity Racing
Established Member
When you say blower only does that include the "plenum" or "elbow". I'm trying to see what the total cost will be if I buy this, to make it run. Some people differ on what they mean when they say blower only. Sorry if this is confusing. lol

sleeperv6

Established Member
When you say blower only does that include the "plenum" or "elbow". I'm trying to see what the total cost will be if I buy this, to make it run. Some people differ on what they mean when they say blower only. Sorry if this is confusing. lol

Yes I mean complete blower, The way whipple sells it. Lol. I never heard of anybody selling just the blower without the inlet(plenum) unless they were parting it out. But yes its complete.

Darko

Burn-N-Out
Established Member
DAMN!!! This is exactly what I'm looking for and I'm in Orange County. Just dont quite have the funds yet. GLWS! If this is still available in a few weeks, then we'll see.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
I sold my 2.3 went 2.9 and run 19 psi and have to be honest the car felt better with the 2.3 down low. The 2.9 shines on a setup pushing 21+. As far as lower claimed temps I really do not see them on my gauges. They are both great blowers but I think the 2.9 is for the built motor pushing 700+ and the 2.3 is perfect for 20 psi and below. JMHO

Might be your tune letting the 2.9 be soft...mine is down right dirty....135.71mph was my best this past Monday in 90* heat from a 2.9 @ 20psi 3.2" upper is far ahead of a 2.3 @ 20psi...maybe 17-18 psi they are equal...even then I'm sure the 2.9 will make more power.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread