FS 96 Mystic with vortech in MASS cheap

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
Bullshit there is nothing wrong with the quarter otherwise I would be making arrangements to get my truck and trailer up there and pick the car up. You made my brother waste time and money when you knew/know there is a 12" crease in the quarter panel! PM you my ass, I am making sure nobody else has to make a useless trip. You were given the time to make it known on your own, as we all can see you did not do that. -Mat-

Mystic1199

Established Member
hey matt, since you or your brother are not buying the car why not stay out of this ...i will let the pictures speak for themselves .

for everyone else this guys brother came looked at the car and did not buy it , i am not hiding anything on this car it had a "crease" as this guy called it on the left rear quarter "dentless paint remover " guy already came down looked at the car and is taking care of it as we speak .This is how i got the car from the origanal owner it is in a weird spot and have no idea how it got there and prevoius owner has no idea .I have owned car for 5 years and it never bothered me as its hard to notice this guy noticed it as he was down on and knees looking over the whole car .there has never been any paint work done on this car at all and has a clean carfax .

and one more thing your brother was worried about it breaking the paint and having to have to paint the car if they couldnt do it right which any guy Paintless dent guy would be able to get it done for cheap money and no worries..so enough with this bullshit , someone will come down look at the car and buy it and realize its still a good deal with the miles and bolt ons , so go look some where else

DOHC Holliday

robot clean
Established Member
Dude... I would have stayed out of this, but I PMed you Saturday afternoon telling you to put the damage in your ad... The crease in the 1/4 panel, along with the egg-sized ding above it. The fact that you posted that there is nothing wrong with the body on your car, leaves me with no other option than to look out for best interest of this community. This is what you sent me in a PM, is it not?

Mystic1199 said:
thats ****ed up with your brother posting that shit in my thread , i am sorry u didnt buy the car . i apoligize for forgetting about that , thats how i got the car and i never bothered with it as it is very minor and unless you are down on the car looking at it from an angle you cant notice it and it tottally slipped my mind as i dont drive the car much ...like i said to you before its getting taken care of this week as some people might see it being a problem .i just think your brother jumping in is uncalled for .

The fact that you are attempting to pull the wool over the eyes of this entire community leads me to believe you are not a person I or anyone else should consider purchasing a vehicle from.

This, BTW, is the ONLY reason I did not buy the car. If that 1/4 needs paintwork I wouldn't be surprised if it were a $1,500.00 job. I wish you could have been straight with me from the get-go. We may have been able to negotiate on this.

Edit - This is not "minor", it is a 10" - 12" crease with about three deep scratches running the length of it. There will likely be a mark even if the paint is not broken.

Last edited:

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
I don't get involved to often in stuff like this, but in this case I think its warranted. This so called "crease" isn't even close to a crease. Its a ding at best. This is a 10 year old car w/ almost 50K on it. Its a used vehicle and used vehicles have a couple dings here and there. Anyone who is into cars knows this unless you are an absolute fool. The for sale ad says "great shape" which this car's condition is. I am a master body man and now am an appraiser with a better eye for things like this than anyone you know and I had to really look for it when it was pointed out to me and I have known this car since he got it.

You weren't there so you shouldn't comment. You info is based on heresay. The only people that can comment on the conversation at the car are your brother and the owner. You find me another great condition 96 mystic cobra with teh mods done to ti that this car has for 12500 that doesn't have a couple dings on it. You can't so don't bother.

There are 96-98 cobras for sale on here for the same rpice as this one or more w/ exhaust, gears and a shifter and more miles. Dent wizard will pull that ding out for $100 guaranteed. You just need something to justify your trip for a car that you couldn't lowball and that you had no intention of paying 12500 for. This "12" crease" is just that. In the end it doesn't matter. The car will sell for 12500 w/o any issues at all. I agree with everyone knowing all the details ahead of time, however, your information is inaccurate and misleading which you have no right posting unless you know the facts which you don't.

DOHC Holliday

robot clean
Established Member
I had every intention of paying him 12.5 for it. He knew this. He should have been straight w/ me. You weren't there either.

I brought 500 up with me, and was going to mail him a bank check for 12k.

BTW, even my gf noticed it right away...She knows nothing about autos, let alone autobody and appraisals.

Last edited:

DOHC Holliday

robot clean
Established Member
notchstang92 said:
This so called "crease" isn't even close to a crease. Its a ding at best.

BULLSHIT!! It looks like someone backed the car up along something for a foot! It is a 1/4" deep w/ scratches! That is no ding.

I gave hime the opportunity to come on here and post the info. I made a trip, which likely cost me 400 bucks w/ gas and hotel, and had every intention of owning this car... All he had to do was wash the thing off and let me hear it run.

Last edited:

Mystic1199

Established Member
handsome devil said:
Dude... I would have stayed out of this, but I PMed you Saturday afternoon telling you to put the damage in your ad... The crease in the 1/4 panel, along with the egg-sized ding above it. The fact that you posted that there is nothing wrong with the body on your car, leaves me with no other option than to look out for best interest of this community. This is what you sent me in a PM, is it not?

The fact that you are attempting to pull the wool over the eyes of this entire community leads me to believe you are not a person I or anyone else should consider purchasing a vehicle from.

This, BTW, is the ONLY reason I did not buy the car. If that 1/4 needs paintwork I wouldn't be surprised if it were a $1,500.00 job. I wish you could have been straight with me from the get-go. We may have been able to negotiate on this.

Edit - This is not "minor", it is a 10" - 12" crease with about three deep scratches running the length of it. There will likely be a mark even if the paint is not broken.

how am i trying to pull anything over any ones eyes ? now that you have pointed it out to me and very picky about it i mentioned to everyone that e-mails me about it and they "ok no problem" and egg sized ding above it really was it that big ??? if its egg size then it should come up in the pix right?? and actually i remember talking to you and telling you the body wasnt a "10" and you said ok as long as its reliable .and after seeing the car i would have negotiated with you on it as it was a surpirse to me , like i said the car sits and i overlooked it, my bad.. oh ya where did i post nothing wrong with the body ? cause i have not seen it and by the way there are no deep scratches there at all... if someone wants i will take a close up of the area and let them decide ... you are turning this into a shitwar with me becasue you did not buy it .why not move on and let the rest of the people who are interested in it make a decision for themselves instead of making it out to sound like the car is a Salvaged car

EDIT : alright handsome you and your brother made your point , i will post a pic of the area after some snow melts and let people think what they want ,i am asking you nicely to just cut this out as i dont want this to keep going

Last edited:

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
handsome devil said:
I had every intention of paying him 12.5 for it. He knew this. He should have been straight w/ me. You weren't there either.

I brought 500 up with me, and was going to mail him a bank check for 12k.

BTW, even my gf noticed it right away...She knows nothing about autos, let alone autobody and appraisals.

Deep scratches? Do you know what a deep scratch is? Its a scratch that requires painting which this doesn't. The paint isn't even broken in the area. I would love to know where the 10-12" dent is. You have to catch it in the perfect light to see it and whenever I see it its mid to late morning hours in sunlight. You still could have negotiated the price to cover the paintless dent repair, but you didn't.

In the end it doesn't matter. The car will sell for 12,500 the way it is.

27x10.5

Established Member
I don't know why I'm posting up pictures for the car I want to buy...but here they are:

untitled5.gif

untitled4.gif

untitled3.gif

untitled2.gif

untitled.gif

Mystic1199

Established Member
thanks Lance ooh ya the date at bottom is wrong no clue on how to change date on my camera those were taken this past saturday ..

sLOWDOHC

Established Member
Mystic1199 said:
... you are turning this into a shitwar with me becasue you did not buy it .why not move on and let the rest of the people who are interested in it make a decision for themselves instead of making it out to sound like the car is a Salvaged car

EDIT : alright handsome you and your brother made your point , i will post a pic of the area after some snow melts and let people think what they want ,i am asking you nicely to just cut this out as i dont want this to keep going
+1 leave it alone man. I can barely make out the dent in the pic, but I dont see this massive crease you speak of. Regardless of the minor problems, Im personally not suprised he hasnt either A) parted it out and still asked 12,5 for it or b) ask more as it sits.

This isnt a 2004 with 15 miles on a show room floor. The car is 10 yrs old, it will not be 100%. You didnt buy it, oh well...leave it be. Id easily cough up the $12,5 and pay to have it fixed out of MY pocket. You wont/cant, so leave the man be, and let him sell his car. :burn:

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
sLOWDOHC said:
+1 leave it alone man. I can barely make out the dent in the pic, but I dont see this massive crease you speak of. Regardless of the minor problems, Im personally not suprised he hasnt either A) parted it out and still asked 12,5 for it or b) ask more as it sits.

This isnt a 2004 with 15 miles on a show room floor. The car is 10 yrs old, it will not be 100%. You didnt buy it, oh well...leave it be. Id easily cough up the $12,5 and pay to have it fixed out of MY pocket. You wont/cant, so leave the man be, and let him sell his car. :burn:

You are a moron, notice how he didn't take any pics of that side straight on. :bs: You can clearly see the ding but his camera angle is hiding the crease to the untrained eye. No one was expecting it to be 100% either. My brother had MORE than enough money to buy this car, there is just no need to buy from someone who is not honest. Jackass. -Mat-

EDIT: I am done with this, if someone wants to buy it, then buy it. Not my problem, I tried to warn people, as I have bought a vehicle online based on pictures and found similar things wrong with it. Best of luck with the sale.

Last edited:

DOHC Holliday

robot clean
Established Member
sLOWDOHC said:
You wont/cant, so leave the man be, and let him sell his car. :burn:

Piss off, worm. I knew the car would not be 100% perfect, but I specifically asked if the car was clean and straight. It is clean, but the 1/4 is not straight! I will not buy from anyone who is not up front with me. I PMed him as soon as I realized he did not edit his ad, asking him to put the info in there Saturday afternoon.. He did not, and this is the only reason it was brought up on here. I gave him the opportunity to do it on his own.

Matt knew that is why I didn't buy the car and he made sure no one else would make the trip w/o knowing there was damage. He responded by saying to Matt that there is nothing wrong. I can make out the crease in the second pic of the left side, and the ding in the 1st. There is more to the "crease" than just appears in the pic. At first, I though the car had sanding marks from bad bodywork, but the paint was just scratched pretty good. You won't notice these things in his pics! He knew about it beforehand and did not tell me, and also parked that side of the car out of direct sunlight when he showed it to me AND when the pics were taken. When I noticed it, he came over and said sheepishly "Oh, uh, you looking at that?"

It is not a matter of money, and I could car less if it is modded or not. It is, however, a matter of honesty. If you think that it's cool to conveniently "forget" about something, especially something I made clear I wanted no part in, then that is your deal. I'm sorry you are content with that.

DOHC Holliday

robot clean
Established Member
I'm done, and was done until you butted in. I don't need the "lack of maturity" line from someone using :burn: and :rollseyes to get his point across.

Good day, gentlemen.

dino lord

itching to build...
Established Member
sLOWDOHC said:
Smilies are there for a reason. Name calling is simply childish. :rolleyes:
smilies make it fun and much more entertaining!!

personally, i c 12.5 as cheap for a blown mystic even with a ding or two...
if i could sell my gt, i'd be all over it...

Users who are viewing this thread