FS: Complete T-56 Swap w/ McLeod Twin Disc & MGW Short Throw

killspray

The Killstroyer
Established Member
** PRICE REDUCED **

Hey guys,

Do you have a T-3650 or a TKO-500/600 that can't handle what you are throwing at it or WILL throw at it? If so, you are in luck!

Up for sale is my complete T-56 setup. Nothing wrong with it, I've just decided to go AUTO!!!!! Transmission is currently in my Cobra and if/when a buyer is lined up, I'll remove it from the car and it's yours. My car has gone 10.9's with this setup with no problems. Clutch pedal is lighter than stock with no chatter like the Spec's. If you are local, and highly interested, I'll even take it around the block for you and let you see for yourself how sweet this setup is. If you need more proof, you can call/visit Travis or Matt at Gear Heads and ask them for their opinion... they know me and my car personally. This setup is strong and complete.

History:

March 2009 - Odometer at 76,060 miles - Purchase the T-56 from Gear Heads Performance as it was freshly rebuilt. Came out of a Terminator. Purchased a 26-spline input shaft and they installed it. Had a Spec clutch installed at the time but it didn't last long...

March 2010 - Odometer at 79,080 miles - Purchase and install McLeod RXT Twin Disc Clutch kit. Traded Travis at Gear Heads my Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel for a resurfaced Steel Flywheel. I was afraid the Aluminum flywheel would flex... Greatest clutch I've ever owned. Still running strong to this day.

Sept 2012 - Odometer at 82,130 miles - Today.

So I have only put 6,070 miles on the transmission and only 3,050 miles on the clutch.

Yes, I keep a diary of every major event in my car as well as document every track visit :) I'm OCD and love spreadsheets... go figure :lol1:

What's Included:

T-56 Transmission w/ 26-spline input shaft
Stock 4.6 Bell Housing
Clutch Fork, TOB & Misc Loose Parts, Harnesses etc...
McLeod RXT Twin Disc Clutch & Pressure Plate (can handle 1,000 hp)
Steel Flywheel (was resurfaced at time of clutch install)
MGW Short Throw Shifter (greatest shifter I've ever owned)
MGW Composite Race Knob (1-6 shift pattern)
Aluminum Driveshaft
Crossmember
UPR Firewall Clutch Cable Adjuster
Triple Hook Aluminum Clutch Quadrant
Stock Clutch Cable
...and if you're lucky, I'll throw in for free my CobraBob Shifter Gasket that I never installed

Price:

For Local Pickup (Dallas, TX) or reasonably meeting half way - $2,500 OBO
For Delivery - $ TBD (I really don't want to ship this... but if no local hits and the buyer is patient, I WILL ship.)

Pics:

All I can take a pic of right now is the shifter... Please let me know if you have any questions.

P9240055.jpg

P9240052.jpg

P9240045.jpg

Last edited:

killspray

The Killstroyer
Established Member
Not just yet... If I don't get any takers then I may consider parting out. Would like to keep it as a complete swap for now. Thanks though and keep checking back!

killspray

The Killstroyer
Established Member
So I have 1 person interested in the entire setup, but he's out of state.

I also have people interested in the clutch alone, shifter alone, and now the transmission alone.

The people who want the clutch and shifter are out of state but I don't have a problem shipping those items. The person interested in the transmission alone is local which is awesome.

In the process of figuring out which route to take. Hope to decide very soon.

If you are one of the individuals interested in a component, please monitor this thread and your PM's b/c I may be contacting you very soon...

Users who are viewing this thread