FS (feeler): low mile '03 longblock - timing cover to clutch - ready to drop in!

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
$4,000 OBO...

Will be pulling a 21,000+ mile long block out of my '03 Cobra in the upcoming months to replace it with a custom Aluminator. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this engine (build date 4/14/03) - never been raced or to a track and no tick issues, so it will be a great drop-in for someone. Will be complete with the timing cover and all chains and gears, oil pan, and even the OEM clutch and flywheel (no supercharger, however!). I am keeping the original cam covers to put on my new engine, but those are easy to find. Currently has a ported Eaton with a 2.93" pulley - definitely a blast to drive, but I don't beat the hell out of it.

It also has four-thread heads, so that is worth mentioning, but the threads are fine. I've had a couple sets of plugs in them, and I never torque them to more than 10 ft/lb with anti-seize. The head castings are AG on the passenger side and DA on the driver's side as an FYI. For more info there, see: www.terminator-cobra.com/castings.htm

I am the second owner (bought it from a female at my then local dealer in MI) and all oil changes are documented. I have been using Mobil1 5W30 for the last six+ years and even send samples in to Blackstone Labs just to make sure all is well (which it is). Since the remanufactured engines are now discontinued, this will make for an easy drop-in rather than waiting to build another. If you are local to Cleveland, OH, I'll be happy to fire it up and take anyone for a drive. Once the engine comes out, it will be strapped to a pallet and wrapped up for shipping or pick up.

Price is OBO, and I'll be in no real hurry to sell, but I just don't have a definitive date yet for when it will be out - hence the feeler. Any Q's shoot me a note here or at [email protected]. I'll post a couple pictures here, but there are a ton at www.terminator-cobra.com

P1050187_zps2kcwpyfn.jpg

P1050189_zps8pgse0xn.jpg

New Aluminator engine in the works:

http://www.modularfords.com/threads/236857-Aluminator-Gibtec-build

attachment.php

Last edited:

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Thanks, guys!

Forgot to mention that I will do a compression test soon just for the heck of it, but I imagine all numbers will look good. I'll have that info up within a week or so.

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Oops, guess I left that out! Will fix the original post.

I have a pallet for it, so I will be willing to ship, and will be sure it is strapped down securely.

Last edited:

wrestler12

Established Member
hey jrgoffin can you shoot me a text at 2169041717 ill buy it off you but im not too good at using this site so i would feel better communicating through phone or email. my email is [email protected]

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Might have to make this a deal where whoever wants it has to come pick it up. Local guy a few posts back never responded, and the next guy that really wanted it (shipped) had to back out. If I don't have to ship it, that may work out better since it saves me the hassle.

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Just wanted to update this thread for everyone that has shot me PM's or an e-mail. It looks like I am going to sell it to a friend locally, which makes it much easier on me. Have a lot going on right now, so having it picked up worked out much better than shipping. If this falls through, I'll be sure to update this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread