nothing

nothing
Established Member
yes listed on ebay along with lots of other parts removed from the vehicle

Last edited:

Lockdown03cobra

Lockdown Racing Club
Established Member
I got screwed by this guy,he sold me a bad blower and now he does not want to take the blower back or pay the 699$ for the rebuilt to kenne bell,last week when I received the kb I was mad because it was with a lot scratches and a broken intercooler bolt so I said ok whatever but a couple days a go the shop finished the install and they noticed a loud noise coming from the back of the blower so I emailed him saying if it something was wrong with the kb and he said no the blower only have 800 miles abd he did not know about the broken bolt . And blame the shop that did the work for him and said that I was a pain and u know where for bogging him so much ,so anyways I took the car home and noticed the noise is louder so I checked the oil and it was almost nothing damm I was mad so since then he had not answer any of my emails

Last edited:

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
I got screwed by this guy,he sold me a bad blower and now he does not want to take the blower back or pay the 699$ for the rebuilt to kenne bell,last week when I received the kb I was mad because it was with a lot scratches and a broken intercooler bolt so I said ok whatever but a couple days a go the shop finished the install and they noticed a loud noise coming from the back of the blower so I emailed him saying if it something was wrong with the kb and he said no the blower only have 800 miles abd he did not know about the broken bolt. And the shop that did the work for him and said that I was a pain and u know where for bogging him so much ,so anyways I took the car home and noticed the noise is louder so I checked the oil and it was almost nothing damm I was mad so since then he had not answer any of my emails

Wow what a douche that sucks man, thats why i say try not to mess with used, when playing with 3k cash i will spend the extra for piece of mind, gl with solving the problem!

nothing

nothing
Established Member
first off..take what this guys says with a grain of salt.

i will tell you the whole story about how demanding and threatening he was even before i shipped the blower. (i have all the emails to back it up)

he contacted me about buying my blower (outside of ebay and outside of this forum) he just started sending me emails asking if i had a blower for sale, someone must have given him my email address.

the blower was in perfect working condition removed from the running car that i drove back and forth to work everyday in order to put back stock to sell.

made no funny noises and did not use oil. i bought 3 bottles of oil from KB when i got it and i still have 1 full bottle and a little in another bottle and i drained the blower before i shipped.

so he contacted me about buying the kb. i had the blower on ebay and he bid on it at $2800 he then contacted me about ending the auction and taking $3200 shipped to buy it now. i agreed.

he said he would send me part of the money with paypal now and some monday after cashing his check. i said fine.

he sent me $2800. i packed the blower and even removed the boost bypass so i wouldnt get damaged in shipping and shipped it separately and told him to look out for two boxes (he then asked me how hard it would be the put the bypass valve back on)

he told me over and over how much of a hurry he was in to get the blower which kind of scared me he demanded i ship fedex home delivery and wanted me to ship immediately.

he sent the rest of the money, $400, which for some reason Paypal put a 24 hour hold on. he emailed me over and over about not knowing why they would do that. i emailed paypal and asked what should i do and they advised i wait for the funds to clear to my account before i shipped the blower. i asked him if he spoke to paypal about the circumstances behind the hold on the funds and he told me no.

tuesday comes and the funds are released by paypal and he immediately starts demanding i ship the blower and then starts threatening me because i am not responding to his emails fast enough! (give me a break) i tell him that paypal advised me to wait and he told me that was my problem and that paypal didnt tell me that. by that afternoon he was threatening me to send his money back and he was going to file a claim against me on paypal and bad mouth me on svtp.com. the whole nine yards. (mind you it had only been a few hours since the funds were released to me)

i send him an email telling him i was going to go ahead and ship the blower against my better judgement and against paypals recommendation.

he later sends me and email apologizing for his behavior.

anyway i ship the blower and he receives it on sept 30th. it took him 8 days to tell me the "used" blower had some scratches on it and that a intercooler bolt was broken. he proceeds to tell me i better tell him the truth about the condition of the blower

the next day he claimed to now have the blower installed and it was making a strange noise and that it is using excess oil and i dont have to lie about how much power i was making and that it would have been impossible to make what i was making...on and on and on. demanding that i pay for kb to rebuild the blower for him or for a refund. this blower was used for a very short while and there is no way it would require a rebuild but of course kb would want to rebuild it if you sent it in.

i have a couple questions what type of oil did you use and did you properly install the bypass valve, did you use new gaskets, did you use the proper anabolic gasket maker as per kb recommendations are you using a idler. i can think of a few more but you should get my point.

i never told the guy to stop bugging me, i did tell him that his threatening is getting old and that he has made this the most unpleasant selling experience i have ever had!

my only conclusion is that this guy has been angry and looking for a way out since the beginning of this transaction.

i know i am leaving out something but anyway believe what you want.

nothing

nothing
Established Member
I got screwed by this guy,he sold me a bad blower and now he does not want to take the blower back or pay the 699$ for the rebuilt to kenne bell,last week when I received the kb I was mad because it was with a lot scratches and a broken intercooler bolt so I said ok whatever but a couple days a go the shop finished the install and they noticed a loud noise coming from the back of the blower so I emailed him saying if it something was wrong with the kb and he said no the blower only have 800 miles abd he did not know about the broken bolt . And blame the shop that did the work for him and said that I was a pain and u know where for bogging him so much ,so anyways I took the car home and noticed the noise is louder so I checked the oil and it was almost nothing damm I was mad so since then he had not answer any of my emails

so the shop tells you it is making strange noises after the install and you both decide it is a good idea to drive it home and you expect me to pay for a rebuild when you would knowingly drive it with a suspected problem and then admit that it has no oil once you made it home :rollseyes

Lockdown03cobra

Lockdown Racing Club
Established Member
S
first off..take what this guys says with a grain of salt.

i will tell you the whole story about how demanding and threatening he was even before i shipped the blower. (i have all the emails to back it up)

he contacted me about buying my blower (outside of ebay and outside of this forum) he just started sending me emails asking if i had a blower for sale, someone must have given him my email address.

the blower was in perfect working condition removed from the running car that i drove back and forth to work everyday in order to put back stock to sell.

made no funny noises and did not use oil. i bought 3 bottles of oil from KB when i got it and i still have 1 full bottle and a little in another bottle and i drained the blower before i shipped.

so he contacted me about buying the kb. i had the blower on ebay and he bid on it at $2800 he then contacted me about ending the auction and taking $3200 shipped to buy it now. i agreed.

he said he would send me part of the money with paypal now and some monday after cashing his check. i said fine.

he sent me $2800. i packed the blower and even removed the boost bypass so i wouldnt get damaged in shipping and shipped it separately and told him to look out for two boxes (he then asked me how hard it would be the put the bypass valve back on)

he told me over and over how much of a hurry he was in to get the blower which kind of scared me he demanded i ship fedex home delivery and wanted me to ship immediately.

he sent the rest of the money, $400, which for some reason Paypal put a 24 hour hold on. he emailed me over and over about not knowing why they would do that. i emailed paypal and asked what should i do and they advised i wait for the funds to clear to my account before i shipped the blower. i asked him if he spoke to paypal about the circumstances behind the hold on the funds and he told me no.

tuesday comes and the funds are released by paypal and he immediately starts demanding i ship the blower and then starts threatening me because i am not responding to his emails fast enough! (give me a break) i tell him that paypal advised me to wait and he told me that was my problem and that paypal didnt tell me that. by that afternoon he was threatening me to send his money back and he was going to file a claim against me on paypal and bad mouth me on svtp.com. the whole nine yards. (mind you it had only been a few hours since the funds were released to me)

i send him an email telling him i was going to go ahead and ship the blower against my better judgement and against paypals recommendation.

he later sends me and email apologizing for his behavior.

anyway i ship the blower and he receives it on sept 30th. it took him 8 days to tell me the "used" blower had some scratches on it and that a intercooler bolt was broken. he proceeds to tell me i better tell him the truth about the condition of the blower

the next day he claimed to now have the blower installed and it was making a strange noise and that it is using excess oil and i dont have to lie about how much power i was making and that it would have been impossible to make what i was making...on and on and on. demanding that i pay for kb to rebuild the blower for him or for a refund. this blower was used for a very short while and there is no way it would require a rebuild but of course kb would want to rebuild it if you sent it in.

i have a couple questions what type of oil did you use and did you properly install the bypass valve, did you use new gaskets, did you use the proper anabolic gasket maker as per kb recommendations are you using a idler. i can think of a few more but you should get my point.

i never told the guy to stop bugging me, i did tell him that his threatening is getting old and that he has made this the most unpleasant selling experience i have ever had!

my only conclusion is that this guy has been angry and looking for a way out since the beginning of this transaction.

i know i am leaving out something but anyway believe what you hwant.
This guy is lying first the blower was in my parents house like one hour way where I live so picked the kb days after and the reason I want the blower to ship via fedex home because they do delivery on saturday and if you would it ship it on monday would be delivery on sat but anyways. The point is the blower it is loosing oil and making noise and it has nothing to do with the install and I used kb oil I had a 2.6 kb before so blame it on me or the shop be a men and give me my money back or pay for the rebuilt

Lockdown03cobra

Lockdown Racing Club
Established Member
so the shop tells you it is making strange noises after the install and you both decide it is a good idea to drive it home and you expect me to pay for a rebuild when you would knowingly drive it with a suspected problem and then admit that it has no oil once you made it home :rollseyes

Yes that was when I email you and you said that the blower was fine so I trusted you but it obvious that the blower it is not fine kenne told me that it should not be loosing oil at all

venom04svt

Established Member
damn, its sad when this happens, i'm not defending anyone but if that blower was making funny noises YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE DRIVEN IT...TUNED IT or NOTHING.... You also should have tested the for play...when the KB's start going bad you get excessive play when you turn it clockwise to counter clockwise and vise versa and you get play if you push and pull on the pulley. Stuff like this makes we wiery of selling my 2.2L when i get home in Dec, but i'm gonna take vids of it running, checking for play and of the rotars. Just a heads up too..if its losing that much oil then you would definantly see the rotor seals worn and it would tend to smoke at high boost.

venom04svt

Established Member
Yes that was when I email you and you said that the blower was fine so I trusted you but it obvious that the blower it is not fine kenne told me that it should not be loosing oil at all

that statement is not completely true.. KB's are notorious for burning oil when run at higher boost levels, KB even states that YOU MUST lower the oil level if you run the car hard and higher boost levels IE 17#'s and up.. If dont 1 of 2 things happens...it blows the oil out the vent hole in the snout pulley bolt or it pushes it down past the rotor seals.. I love the power my KB makes but i'm going with a whipple crusher, KB service blows, you can call 3 times in 1 day about the same problem and you'll get 3 different answers and all 3 will include send it in for a rebuild.

Lockdown03cobra

Lockdown Racing Club
Established Member
This guy told me that the blower only have 800 miles now he is saying that he drove his car every day to work 100 miles and he had the kb for more than a year or so that is what I find out on his post ,also he told me that he made almost 700 hp with 3 .75 pulley so you guys see he is lying,I had so many kb set up I know what I am doing that is why I checked the oil and the noise the blower it's making is not too loud too be alarm but the way the kb it is loosing oil I believe it is internal because you can't see it from outside it is no normal at all that is the main problem ,this guy probably is hiding something that is why he sold it to me so quick for little money .I know it is my fault for not todo a research about his issue with this blower

Last edited:

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Wow, sorry to hear guys...in this situation, I'm sorry buyer...Send it in to KB, and get it rebuilt. I bought a used KB 2.2, and know if I send it in to KB they will say.."Yep, it needs a rebuild." Just get a rebuilt, and all will be well. When you buy something used, it's part of the risk..JMO, good luck guys...It's just unfortunate this happens when Terminator guys deal with each other...best of luck to both of you...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread