FS/Possible Trade..2003 DSG Cobra $17,900

99electricgreen

Established Member
heck yeah I'd buy it too. If it doesnt reach reserve I may pm you to set up a visit to check it out, since we live so close to each other.

shhak

Established Member
really i need to re-read humm.. seems as if someone should look at what they type.

WOW!!! Man you don't comprehend too well do you??? The OP means this: IF THE CAR BRINGS AT LEAST $16,500 ON EBAY, IT WILL SELL. BUT DO NOT ASK HIM TO END THE AUCTION EARLY AND SELL IT TO YOU FOR $16,500. IF ANYONE WANTS IT FOR $16,500 THEY SHOULD BID THAT AMOUNT ON EBAY. IF IT DOESN'T SELL ON EBAY, I'M SURE HE'D SELL IT FOR $16,500 ONCE THE AUCTION ENDS...:bash:

lightning_2000

Established Member
Well..We agreed on a time to meet up in Chattanooga(hour away). My wife got off work early to follow me up there and meet him. I have tried to get him on the phone all day just to make sure everything was good to go and he never called back or sent me a text. I almost left to meet him, but had a bad feeling, and then I get this PM from a buddy of his, not even him. I hope he still comes through, but its not looking good. He seems like a good kid and he was getting a smoking deal. A phone call would have been nice though. Back for sale.

This is the exact PM I just got from Lightning 2000
"he told me he call you and said couldnt make it. insurence was bustin his ass on the car. he should be off work "

yep he tried to call you..

Last edited:

Red99SVT

Established Member
i had to talk him out to the car when i got a copy of the craigslist add and talked to the owner before you

if u want a cobra with keith black pistons then this one is for you:kaboom:
hope the father and grandpa set the 4 cams up in good timing:bash:

Lord all you had to do was ask for the ad. Yeah it has KB forged blower pistons. OK. Yes the cams were timed by the owner and his grandfather. He actually got the instructions off of this site. Whats the big deal? Do you think a mechanic does some voodoo special to time the cams? Do you know how many I have seen done wrong by a shop? Hey his loss. No way to gripe about a clean title/carfax car for $16,500. I personally have faith in owners wanting something done right sometimes more than a shop. His grandfather is an ASE mechanic for waht its worth. I have done a compression test and all is 100% good. You want the link to the "Timing 4V" threads or do you think its impossible? Please stay out of my thread. If you need anything please PM me.

shhak

Established Member
i had to talk him out to the car when i got a copy of the craigslist add and talked to the owner before you

if u want a cobra with keith black pistons then this one is for you:kaboom:
hope the father and grandpa set the 4 cams up in good timing:bash:

Yeah, I guess half the cobras on here are worthless pieces of shit cause there are lots of "less than ASE" mechanics on here who setup their own cams.:kaboom:

Sounds to me like maybe someone just couldn't afford to play with the big boys and had to come up with an excuse to make himself feel better.:poke:

Pretty "dick" thing to do coming in here and trying to scare people away from buying the car.:nonono:

lightning_2000

Established Member
Yeah, I guess half the cobras on here are worthless pieces of shit cause there are lots of "less than ASE" mechanics on here who setup their own cams.:kaboom:

Sounds to me like maybe someone just couldn't afford to play with the big boys and had to come up with an excuse to make himself feel better.:poke:

Pretty "dick" thing to do coming in here and trying to scare people away from buying the car.:nonono:

i can afford what i want.
1fastbolt already bought a car last weekend.

just wanted to let people know what they mite be buying. ;-)

viperbluelx

Sexton's Performance
Established Member
i can afford what i want.
1fastbolt already bought a car last weekend.

just wanted to let people know what they mite be buying. ;-)

You're a troll plain and simple. Nathan is a standup guy and if there were problems with the car he would have stated them.

Do you realize the majority of 4V cars aren't timed correctly from bank to bank when they leave the factory? Chances are the timing is better now than it was when it left Ford.

lightning_2000

Established Member
You're a troll plain and simple. Nathan is a standup guy and if there were problems with the car he would have stated them.

Do you realize the majority of 4V cars aren't timed correctly from bank to bank when they leave the factory? Chances are the timing is better now than it was when it left Ford.

im not a troll far from it. :cuss:

you wanna sell it? relist on ebay with no reserve but start bid at 16500.:beer:

sorry if i have messed up the thread i wont be back in it;)

Last edited:

Jack Burton

Established Member
Yep, held onto it for a while, but wanted to get back into motorcycles for a bit. The car was a blast though, got tons of compliments. But, I'll get another terminator one day soon. I always keep an eye on the terminator market, and I have to say that you are offering one hell of a price. How this thing hasn't sold is beyond me. Good luck with the sale!

Red99SVT

Established Member
Yep, held onto it for a while, but wanted to get back into motorcycles for a bit. The car was a blast though, got tons of compliments. But, I'll get another terminator one day soon. I always keep an eye on the terminator market, and I have to say that you are offering one hell of a price. How this thing hasn't sold is beyond me. Good luck with the sale!

Me either. I plan on fixing the scratch and maybe throw some wheels on it. The price will be going up though.

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
What is your current asking price? Any trades for an LS1 Fbody perhaps? I am located just west of Atlanta and would love to try and work something out.

Users who are viewing this thread