Fscking breakin!! :madder'n'hell:

I'D WIN

Established Member
assasyn said:
Those ceramic insulator resonate at a super high frequency. The vibration shatters the glass without much force. Think tuning fork. Don't ask why I know this. That sucks. Sorry.

Its the easist way to break/shatter glass if you ever want to get into a car/house. It doesn't take much force at all like you said. If you see pieces like this in somebodies car/house, its easy to assume they are doing something other than legal.

2tonOfun

Established Member
I'D WIN said:
Its the easist way to break/shatter glass if you ever want to get into a car/house. It doesn't take much force at all like you said. If you see pieces like this in somebodies car/house, its easy to assume they are doing something other than legal.

I'm not following this thing with the insulator?

Tex Arcana

Established Member
2tonOfun said:
You know the white part on a spark plug?? That's the insulator. It's made of a ceramic material. Take some broken pieces of this, and toss them at a car window, and watch the window shatter into a million pieces.

Tex Arcana

Established Member
Lightning LA said:
After reading about the Neon owner in Texas capping the guy that was trying to break into his car, i have to think people that steal in Texas are either VERY Brave or VERY Stupid. And i'm leaning toward the VERY VERY Stupid,there has been to dang many of these posts in the past year. We all like how our Lightnings attract attention, but sometimes they attract the wrong sort of attention. People that mess with someone elses Vehicles are as Chicken Sh-t as they come,to bad you couldn't have caught the pr-ck and taught him a very valuable lesson about busting out someones windows and stealing from them!! :bash: Good luck with getting it fixed, and i hope you get your Radar detector back,but i wouldn't count on it to much. My house got broke into last year by a druggy piece of crap and he got my pistol and my PS-2 and all my games, it totalled $1,500. And i didn't have insurance at the time, so i was sh-t out of luck. I can tolerate a lot of things, but i can't stand a DIRTY NO GOOD THIEF!!! :cuss: :mj: :fm:

Funny thing is, I"ve had my truck for almost 5 years now, and it NEVER has attracted this kind of attention. :(

2tonOfun

Established Member
Tex Arcana said:
You know the white part on a spark plug?? That's the insulator. It's made of a ceramic material. Take some broken pieces of this, and toss them at a car window, and watch the window shatter into a million pieces.

I know "what" the insulator is.
But, I've never heard of this before. I don't exactly want to test it out either.
I'll take your word for it.
Scary.

03SNOWBALL

Established Member
Tex Arcana said:
I knew some guys in high school who did that stuff and I asked them why they used a spark plug they said it enabled them to break the window without setting the alarm.they are problably dead by now or in jail.either way I hate theives :fm: sorry about your window.it be neat to put some shatterproof glass or Bulletproof for that matter just like Bonds car :coolman:

Lightning LA

Mark it ZERO!
Established Member
This is the 1st time i've heard of the spark plug thing, i'm on the Fire Dept' and we use a spring loaded punch to bust out vehicle glass. And when you put that punch on a window and give it a little push, you talk about flying glass, that thing sends it!!

boca ron

Banned
clok suckers, sorry dude , i have zero tolerance for liers and thieves, i wish i owned a 1000 room hotel, and could open the door of every room and find that clok sucker dead in every one of them. hehe boca ron

nastynivek

Nov. 10, 1775
Established Member
boca ron said:
clok suckers, sorry dude , i have zero tolerance for liers and thieves, i wish i owned a 1000 room hotel, and could open the door of every room and find that clok sucker dead in every one of them. hehe boca ron

Damn Ron, you got some issues to work out? LOL. And I thought that I was a crazy mofo. LOL.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
There's nothing in this world I hate more than thieves. Worthless pieces of shit! Luckily my Lightning and my V1 stay in the garage at night. Too bad you didn't catch him doing it, you could have blown his ass away.

Chum731

Shark Baiter
Established Member
2tonOfun said:

It doesn't make as much noise as say hitting it with a rock or brick. The insulator ceramic buffers the glass breaking (AKA nobody hears it). Thieves take a radio antenna or coat hanger and mount the ceramic on the end. You take the antenna or coat hanger (straightened out) and whip it or twang it into the window. It doesn't make as much noise is the short of it.... :(

BTW - sorry about the window and radar detector....

boca ron

Banned
i wouldnt think a constructio worker would have a plug handy probably a hammer would have been more likely imo someone went with intentions to vandalize and steal. or maybe someone you know.if you have pissed off someone recently i meen thats risky buis for a radar detector ie petty. more like a message or payback

Users who are viewing this thread