FTBR Front Brembo Review

weaselp1

Established Member
As some of you may know, Bruce over at Full Tilt is developing a front Brembo kit; since I live close to Bruce's shop, Bruce gave me the option to buy a kit before it went to market. I also have Bruce's 13 inch rear kit on my cobra. After a spirited drive over the weekend; all I can say is wow! No brake fade! The Brembo calipers with the FTBR 2 piece rotors and the SS lines is an amazing upgrade to what I had (stock) Bruce as always provided amazing customer service!

2013042295194540_zps57a2f9a6.jpg
"]
2013042295194540_zps57a2f9a6.jpg
[/URL]

shurur

Established Member
Sorry for being too lazy/tired to look it up..but is this 13" or the14" rotors??

weaselp1

Established Member
Looks like an excellent set up. Question though, will these clear stock 17x9's or do they require a wheel upgrade as well?

I am not sure if these 14 inch rotors clear the stock rims, I have 18x9 inch rims and they barely clear...so I would assume 17 inch rims would not work.

Sorry for being too lazy/tired to look it up..but is this 13" or the14" rotors??

I have the 14 inch front rotors and 13 inch rear

0302Cobra

Established Member
I did not see the kit on the website yet, just the rotors. How does this kit stack up to the Vintage Venom kit? What are the key differences and which Brembo caliper is used here? I am in the market for big brakes right now. I run the VV F14 kit on my '98GT, but am interested in possibilities for my 04 Cobra.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
I did not see the kit on the website yet, just the rotors. How does this kit stack up to the Vintage Venom kit? What are the key differences and which Brembo caliper is used here? I am in the market for big brakes right now. I run the VV F14 kit on my '98GT, but am interested in possibilities for my 04 Cobra.

This kit is so new we unfortunately do not have it on our web site yet. But we hope to have more info up on it in the VERY near future.

I would go with the Venom kit, simply for the fact of better caliper.

I'm not sure which caliper the Venom kit uses, but our kit uses a fixed four piston F-50 radial mount Brembo caliper.

The Venom kit is a nice kit and it's reasonably priced and it's a good value. But one thing I don't like about the Venom kit is it uses that ridiculously heavy GT 500 rotor which adds unneeded rotating mass and unsprung weight to the already heavy front end of a Mustang. :(

Will these also be available in other colors? Red, silver, etc, etc?

We unfortunately only have these available in black at the present time. But there is an SVTP vendor that does custom caliper paint jobs if You want something different.

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

gabe1530

Banned
This kit is so new we unfortunately do not have it on our web site yet. But we hope to have more info up on it in the VERY near future.

I'm not sure which caliper the Venom kit uses, but our kit uses a fixed four piston F-50 radial mount Brembo caliper.

The Venom kit is a nice kit and it's reasonably priced and it's a good value. But one thing I don't like about the Venom kit is it uses that ridiculously heavy GT 500 rotor which adds unneeded rotating mass and unsprung weight to the already heavy front end of a Mustang. :(

We unfortunately only have these available in black at the present time. But there is an SVTP vendor that does custom caliper paint jobs if You want something different.

Bruce, would it possible to get the dimensions on this kit so i can figure out if my BBS' will fit? Also, what would be the ballpark number these would be selling for?

weaselp1

Established Member
How did your pedal feel after with these? Any increase in travel?

the pedal feel is so so much better than stock....no extra travel at all...a firm feel when i step on the brakes and it definitely is confidence inspiring to know when you hit the brakes you are going to stop, and stop fast!

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Bruce, would it possible to get the dimensions on this kit so i can figure out if my BBS' will fit? Also, what would be the ballpark number these would be selling for?

It's pretty much the same as the 355x32mm Brembo Gran Turismo kit seen here at Tire-Rack:

Brembo GT 355mm Big Brake Kit

I'm sure you can find the profile for the kit on line to determine if your wheels are going to fit.

The kit will come two ways, with a lightweight rotor for street/strip use and a HD road race rotor for the track. Both floating rotors utilize the same floating hat and are interchangeable. The lighter rotor assembly weighs 16.5#. The HD road race rotor assemblies are approximately 20.2# each. This puts our lighter rotor assembly at 8.7# weight savings over the one pc GT 500 rotor which equates to a total weight savings of 17.4# for the pair. That is the type of weight savings you find with wheels that cost $500 a piece. Even the HD road race rotors will save you a handsome 10# of rotating mass and unsprung weight for a pair! ;-) Rotating mass and unsprung weight are the performance insiders secret to going fast.

The street/strip kit will run $2,500.00 and the HD kit will run $2,600.00. The HD rotors cost us significantly more unfortunately.

We hope to have the kits available towards the end of May.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator

Users who are viewing this thread