Fuel injector identification

ablake6620

Established Member
Greetings i recently got back in the terminator game and picked up a new to me zinc yellow 03. My question is can someone help me identify the fuel injectors it has, the car has a posi ported blower so im not sure if its a fair assumption that it has larger injectors as well or not. The injectors it has are black and seem to be ford style injectors. I would hate to spend the money to have them flow tested and cleaned just to find out they are stock. I just purchased a 2.9 whipple so i definitely need larger than stock injectors. Any help would be great thanks!

KLLR SNK

Established Member
Stock injectors are blue in color. If yours are all black and Siemen Deka injectors they are 60lb. Pull one of the injectors then google the number to be certain.

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
Your looking at 60s.

I recently picked up a 2.9 aswell.

What fuel set up are you planning on going with?

ID1000s, fore dual hat with 465s here.

ablake6620

Established Member
Im not really sure yet, yea i found the partnumber up by the rail and they are 60lb. I just did a single turbo swap on my rx7 fd i just sold and it had a return style fuel system, so thats what im familiar with. Theres a local guy with an ad on CL who has an aeromotive A1000 fuel pump for sale. Im tempted to run that and turn it into a return style set up, but still need to do my homework and research. Im open to suggestions of course, but i also realize i will be quickly pointed at the search button which is fair.

ctgreddy

Established Member
Im not really sure yet, yea i found the partnumber up by the rail and they are 60lb. I just did a single turbo swap on my rx7 fd i just sold and it had a return style fuel system, so thats what im familiar with. Theres a local guy with an ad on CL who has an aeromotive A1000 fuel pump for sale. Im tempted to run that and turn it into a return style set up, but still need to do my homework and research. Im open to suggestions of course, but i also realize i will be quickly pointed at the search button which is fair.

Return style is best imo, but I'd stick with a good aftermarket fuel hat that has twin pumps and -8 feed/-6 return. A1000 will be loud and the big singles have a bigger failure rate. Check out fore innovations for the best fuel stuff for these cars. Lethal's stuff is good too but fore is the best, I think everyone on here will agree with that.

ablake6620

Established Member
Thanks for the recommendation! I will certainly have to check out fore's products. Out of curious how far will these 60lb injectors carry me? Im not totally certain on my power goals yet, but i seem to want to be in the 18-20psi range with the 2.9. But that is just speculation for the most part. From what ive read if your not running 19psi minimum you are not using that blowers potential at all.

01yellercobra

Established Member
What fuel are you planning on using? That'll make a difference in how far the injectors will take you.

ablake6620

Established Member
What fuel are you planning on using? That'll make a difference in how far the injectors will take you.
Initially I plan to run 93 pump gas, possibly some 100 LL or torco on occasion. In the future I want to mess with ethanol mixes like E30, e85 is pretty scarce in my area so I'm not worried about setting up my fuel system to run it right off the bat.

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
Return style is best imo, but I'd stick with a good aftermarket fuel hat that has twin pumps and -8 feed/-6 return. A1000 will be loud and the big singles have a bigger failure rate. Check out fore innovations for the best fuel stuff for these cars. Lethal's stuff is good too but fore is the best, I think everyone on here will agree with that.

Do you think -10 is too big for a feed?

I'm planning on running a custom hardline set up using a EVAP line (-10 fittings) as my feed and the stock feed line as a return. I noticed most people go -8, but I wanted to keep the lines as "stock" looking as possible.

Sorry to hi-jack OP.

jony51999

Established Member
You can check out Aeromotive's site and their power planner section. It gives you an idea of forced induction/naturally aspirated power levels that different set ups will support.

Users who are viewing this thread