fuel injector install tips?

sb306

Established Member
I tried the search but didn't find the answer. Should be a simple question. I'm going to be installing a fuel injector tonight when I get home. Just wanted to find out if its a straight forward as it looks. Or if maybe I need to coat the orings with anything. thanks for the help in advance.

yadisisp6

Banned
When you install the new injectors. Put on a SMALL amount of grease on the 0-rings to let them slide in easier. It's pretty straight forward though.

throttle jockey

Stock Block 11 Sec. Club
Established Member
Did mine last weekend... fuel rail lifts off with slight pressure. I lubed the o-rings with a little white lithium grease, but was also told WD-40 or petrolium jelly would be fine... pretty much anything to lube them so the slip in place easily and to condition them.

ronnie

Will work for Truck Parts
Established Member
Also, don't forget to pick up a couple of extra O-Rings in case you misplace one, break one, or somehow the engine bay gnome steals one.

sb306

Established Member
thanks, that's what I was looking for.My engine bay gnome usually doesn't steal anything. He just rolls my sockets and any tool that falls under the truck directly underneath the truck at the most inconvenient places. Sometimes he puts bolts in certain crevices in thr engine bay that are impossible to get ur hands into, or even find at all. My gnome seems to be a all around prick actually.

03LCalgaryAB

Established Member
dont mean to hi-jack..but to remove the injectors, do u just wiggle and pull them out? I was trying to remove some from my dads truck but I didnt want to break anything.
Thx

FordFanStan

Established Member
Yes just wiggle them out after you remove the two 8mm bolts on each side and pop/lift the rail up. Sometimes the injectors stick to the rails, sometimes to the intake. Make sure you have 16 o-rings when you pull them out, one on each side of every injector. If not, go searching in the fuel injector holes on the rails or intake. Make sure you get them all out, or else the new one will not seat properly. Silicone spray or some Petroleum Jelly works the best for slipping the new ones in place. Once they are all in, make sure you put some pressure on the rails and they are seated completely, the four 8mm bolts should go back in easily and evenly without issue. Stan

Exdecuk

Established Member
Yeah treat em like a good woman, wiggle it to break the seal to get it out & a spray of WD40 to help slide it it.

Is it me or do i just hang with the wrong sort of women :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread