Fuel Line Suggestions?????

Street Warrior

SVT Power
Established Member
It's time to do fuel lines in my Mustang and totally lost on what to do! I've tried searching for discussions on fuel lines but there's nothing dedicated to it.

I have a Fore Precision hat with dual Aeromotive 340 pumps, Aeromotive Pro-Series regulator, DivX fuel rails, & 60lb injectors (Need to upgrade later).
I plan on doing my fuel system to support 1000hp on pump gas. I know I want to run a -10 feed & -8 return.

This will be a Street driven car and I don't want that fuel smell while driving or when the car sits.

I've looked at doing hard lines like a factory set up for the main section of the car but really don't see anything that's applicable to this. Concerned about connections and pressure with this set up.
Anyone tried this?

I have a TON of regular AN fittings that I could use but is there a line out there that doesn't have that fuel seepage smell and will last over time?

PTFE, is that the way to go? If so what brand?

Has anyone used lines and fittings from AN Fittings Direct? There prices are cheap so I'm concerned about the quality.

I don't mind spending the money to get the results I'm looking for and open to all suggestions.

Thanks!!!!

Last edited:

Blueline

Established Member
Don't buy from AN Fittings direct. I bought stuff from them and they were garbage. Their ptfe lining was thinner than a straw.

I went with Pegasus racing stainless steel ptfe coated -8. Great product and never any leaks or smells. It also comes in a black Kevlar coating if your looking for a black line. Google Pegasus racing and their site should come up.

Blueline

Established Member
YES!!!
Close to $1500 to plumb my car if I go with it. This is by far the top of the line stuff, they use Goodridge PTFE HOSE.
Doesn't get much better.

Your 100% correct I loved it!!!

"SVTTROY" Yes it was expensive, I was still running a returnless system so not too bad. But, it was top of the line stuff, absolutley not one complaint.

Termilvr

Established Member
Look into Phenix industries Teflon stuff. That's what I have, top quality stuff.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

SVT_Troy

Established Member
YES!!!
Close to $1500 to plumb my car if I go with it. This is by far the top of the line stuff, they use Goodridge PTFE HOSE.
Doesn't get much better.

For just fuel hose that hose better blow me for $1500! I don't see a need to pay that much for line when people have zero problems running a cheaper (still high quality) PTFE fuel line. And of course im excluding fragola.....

Street Warrior

SVT Power
Established Member
Don't buy from AN Fittings direct. I bought stuff from them and they were garbage. Their ptfe lining was thinner than a straw.

I went with Pegasus racing stainless steel ptfe coated -8. Great product and never any leaks or smells. It also comes in a black Kevlar coating if your looking for a black line. Google Pegasus racing and their site should come up.

So you did -8 Feed & -6 Return?
What power level & fuel type do you have.

I just want to make sure if I spend this kind of money I still have room to grow that's why I said -10 feed & -8 return.

Input would be greatly appriciated!!!!!!

Blueline

Established Member
So you did -8 Feed & -6 Return?
What power level & fuel type do you have.

I just want to make sure if I spend this kind of money I still have room to grow that's why I said -10 feed & -8 return.

Input would be greatly appriciated!!!!!!

No I was still running a returnless system. Twin GT pumps, dual FPDM's Kurgan Fuel hat, -8am feed line, 80lb. Ford Racing injectors and stock fuel rails. Car was making 647rwhp. My FPDC was somewhere around 80% IIRC. That was pretty much where I wanted to be with the car and wasnt looking for much more. That is why I did the fuel setup I did. The car ran perfect and never had any issues. If I ever ended up going with a return setup in the future all I would have to do was swap out the pumps, run a return line, fuel rails and fuel pressure reg. This was all on 93 octane with Torco added, I was making 18.8 psi. I think I paid $300 for everything I needed from Pegasus Racing to make the feed line and have like 5' of hose left over that I could use to hook up new fuel rails if needed.

Now in regards to sizing, I was told -8 feed and -6 return is plenty big enough to support close to 1000hp. Now, doing 10 and 8 wont hurt you, but from what I was advised if I did go return 8 and 6 would have been plenty for anything I would ever to with the car. :beer:

Last edited:

Termilvr

Established Member
I am running - 8 down and back. That should be plenty for 1000+

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Street Warrior

SVT Power
Established Member
Finally got all the fuel components, I decided on -8 feed & -8 return. This way if I need to upgrade, I only need to replace the feed line.
Now it's time to install! IT'S TOO FRIGIN COLD TO WORK ON IT RIGHT NOW.....

DSCN0709_zps11747115-1-1.jpg

Goodridge PTFE Line

DSCN0706_zps67a8d7ec.jpg

DSCN0707_zps1c637aad.jpg

DSCN0708_zpsaf061cf1.jpg

What can I do about all these hoses coming of the gas tank?????
Is all this really necessary?

Users who are viewing this thread