Fuel prices near you

TORQUERULES

Established Member
It was a great truck. I got offered 2k less than I paid for it 2 years ago, and put 37k miles on it. It was hard to turn that down. Going to enjoy the ranger and Bronco for now.

I am tempted to trade and get something a little better on mileage, but I love having a truck just in case and I love the Ranger. Actually the Ranger isn't bad on mileage, but gas prices will make you think... I too can get crazy money for mine and I have put 25K miles on it. Basically what I paid for it, I can get back, but right now I am sitting on 0% financing and that is hard to walk away from.

TORQUERULES

Established Member
Is there a top to this? Will it ever stop going up? Is this their move to try and get people switch to EVs. Ridiculous.

I really think it is. Did you hear Pete "Buttgig" yesterday? He basically said that gas prices would not be a concern for Americans if we just buy EVs. Never said how they would become more affordable. On Twitter a lot of lefties were claiming you can get an EV for $30K so why are we complaining. I say that I do not want to give up my nice vehicle with all the amenities, for a base a** Kia EV with no range and the size of a Focus. Damn commies.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
I am tempted to trade and get something a little better on mileage, but I love having a truck just in case and I love the Ranger. Actually the Ranger isn't bad on mileage, but gas prices will make you think... I too can get crazy money for mine and I have put 25K miles on it. Basically what I paid for it, I can get back, but right now I am sitting on 0% financing and that is hard to walk away from.

I was up to 4 vehicles. 2020 F250 Tremor, 2020 Ranger XLT, 2010 Ranger Sport and 1996 Bronco. It made sense to let the Tremor go since I wasn't driving it much and I had so much equity in it.

The 2020 Ranger XLT isn't bad on gas mileage for a daily driver. Only slightly better than my 2010 that has a 4.0L in it.

I agree, this push to EV doesn't work for everyone. I'm on deer filled back country roads at 4:30 AM every day. I need something that can absorb a hit. Currently no EVs on the market that fit what I need (that aren't crazy $$$).

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member

Goldman lifts oil price forecast to $135 for 2022, sees upside to $175

USO +3.66%Now!
  • In a note from Goldman Tuesday, Analyst Damien Courvalin discussed the impact to oil markets from the war in Ukraine; as a result, the bank increased its base-case 2022 oil price forecast to $135 from $98.
  • "Given Russia's key role in global energy supply, the global economy could soon be faced with one of the largest energy supply shocks ever," wrote Damien.
  • Goldman's base-case price forecast assumes 1.6mb/d of Russian oil is removed from the seaborne market.
  • In the note, Goldman details a scenario whereby 2/3rds of Russian seaborne exports are removed from global markets, under the scenario Goldman estimates oil prices rise to $175 in 2022.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member

Goldman lifts oil price forecast to $135 for 2022, sees upside to $175

USO +3.66%Now!
  • In a note from Goldman Tuesday, Analyst Damien Courvalin discussed the impact to oil markets from the war in Ukraine; as a result, the bank increased its base-case 2022 oil price forecast to $135 from $98.
  • "Given Russia's key role in global energy supply, the global economy could soon be faced with one of the largest energy supply shocks ever," wrote Damien.
  • Goldman's base-case price forecast assumes 1.6mb/d of Russian oil is removed from the seaborne market.
  • In the note, Goldman details a scenario whereby 2/3rds of Russian seaborne exports are removed from global markets, under the scenario Goldman estimates oil prices rise to $175 in 2022.
Guess we should plan for $175 then;

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I really think it is. Did you hear Pete "Buttgig" yesterday? He basically said that gas prices would not be a concern for Americans if we just buy EVs. Never said how they would become more affordable. On Twitter a lot of lefties were claiming you can get an EV for $30K so why are we complaining. I say that I do not want to give up my nice vehicle with all the amenities, for a base a** Kia EV with no range and the size of a Focus. Damn commies.
That's just their short-term "solution" to a long-term problem. Also, pretty standard diversion tactic. Gas prices are high? Let's not address the actual root causes. Rather, let's deflect and steer people toward our ultimate goal: EV.

The local Meijer store has probably 10 charging stations for Teslas in the back of their lot. A myriad of emotions run through me when I see people sitting in their cars playing on their phones while they charge their cars on a Saturday afternoon. I wonder if they need to schedule charging times and/or if they ever have to wait in line and fight over charging stations. Is it like a deli counter where you take a number and wait your turn? Do you need to get their at sunrise to improve your odds of getting a station? It all seems so counterintuitive to me while I take 5min to fill my tank and go about my day.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
I filled up my diesel F350 yesterday and I had to swipe my card 3x. I got a text alert for fraudulent activity coming from that gas station because citi didn’t believe fuel was that expensive. It was $219 to fill up at $5.70/g

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
260 GT Plus is still hovering around $17.30/gallon.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
I filled up my diesel F350 yesterday and I had to swipe my card 3x. I got a text alert for fraudulent activity coming from that gas station because citi didn’t believe fuel was that expensive. It was $219 to fill up at $5.70/g

Ouch. $219 to fill is crazy.

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
FDD53096-1711-44EA-83C2-3871FF3B9782.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread