fuel problems after whipple dyno

RiffRaff04

Established Member
Finally got the whipple on and dyno'ed but one thing my tunner noticed was that I was running out of fuel past about 5700rpm. He said that my twin focus pumps were maxed out past there. What would you guys suggest to fix this without breaking the bank on another fuel set up?

HPCobra04

Established Member
RiffRaff04 said:
Finally got the whipple on and dyno'ed but one thing my tunner noticed was that I was running out of fuel past about 5700rpm. He said that my twin focus pumps were maxed out past there. What would you guys suggest to fix this without breaking the bank on another fuel set up?

What boost you running?

tonypipes

Established Member
Somthing is not right I am running the same setup as many of my other Cobra friends and I have pleanty of fuel, on the dyno I was pig rich my tuner had to keep taking out fuel 580hp 540tq A/F at 11.4 up top conservative, street tune. Mac o/r prochamber and mag cat-back 3.0 upper pulley stock lower. You should be good to go try a different tuner.

mixxer

Established Member
i was 90% duty cycle so i added BAP with modded fpdm to be safe and that with a ported eaton,so it happens . so for 550 bucks your back in bussiness

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
BAP and wiring upgrade.(to pumps and BAP)

This would work with just stock pumps too...

I also removed my PPRV while I'm in there.(still currently underway)

The PPRV is a big restriction and has been proven to contribute to....... if not solely cause the dreaded between shift hesitation.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
BAP and wiring upgrade. IMO the focus pumps are a waste. You can get by with more power on the stock pumps with a BAP and wiring upgrade. Now, the FGT pumps are a different story.

I am on the stock pumps with the bap and wire upgrade. I am running 17 psi with a new tune (done on 6-06-07). My A/F is 11.7:1, and my duty cycle is at a max of 82% with the BAP set to 40%. I still have a lot of room to work.

-Jeff

Fang

Established Member
I don't get this. I am running 19 psi on twin focus pumps with no problems. Am I missing something?

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
mixxer said:
no you need modded fpdm with bap and focus pumps.

Really? :shrug:

My fuel mods(at this point) consists of a BAP and 55lb injectors.

My 2.2L KB is at 19psi and it makes over 600rwhp.

mixxer

Established Member
unit, he has focus pumps you have stock pumps.you shouldnt run BAP with focus pumps unless you add modded fpdm. stock pumps and BAP is fine.

Last edited:

fearthesnake

Established Member
D2....

HISSMAN said:
BAP and wiring upgrade. IMO the focus pumps are a waste. You can get by with more power on the stock pumps with a BAP and wiring upgrade. Now, the FGT pumps are a different story.

Hey Daniel...... I can attest with Hissman, I have the same setup and no issues... BAP and WIRING upgrade is the key.

Users who are viewing this thread