fuel pump big enough?

FirstOnRaceDay.

Established Member
i read more about those and it says for supercharged applications it's rated at 500hp so it might peg. what should i do? what to two walbro 250 pumps or twin ford gt pumps with boost a pump peg at? i want to keep my return style fuel system and stock 96 tank if possible as well. probably 03 04 fueld rails or comprabably priced aftermarket ones if you guys can recoment anything.

harvboi05

Established Member
i dont believe there is an tank-twin pump solution for 96-97 cars.

cant go wrong with a fore hat with any two pumps (GT or wallies) in an 03/04 tank. thats what i did.

FirstOnRaceDay.

Established Member
i don't mind if they are out of tank models, i would prefer it in fact in case one goes out so i can replace it easily. what options do i have to out of tank return style fuel system capable of 600hp forced induction. system can peg at 600 that's fine, just want it reliable and return style.

FirstOnRaceDay.

Established Member
talked to the shop i am looking at getting this all put together at and he said get a fore fuel hat, 03 04 tank and twin walbros. he said this would retain my return style fuel system. does that make sense and sound like a good plan?

Roll Race Rob

Established Member
your stock lines and rails should be fine for 600, pump/injectors need changing, twin walbros peg at about 900-950rwhp depending on the set up.

FirstOnRaceDay.

Established Member
so, just to double check before i start spending money i will need:
stock 03 04 cobra fuel rails
stock fuel lines
twin walbre 255 pumps
fore fuel hat modified for return style system with twin walbros
stock 03 04 cobra fuel tank
stock fuel lines

what maf should i run for the ported eaton? i've heard people talk about 90mm lightning maf's but i'm pretty ignorant when it comes to this. probably running stock TB, plenum and m112 eaton all ported. thanks for the input guys, just can't afford to buy the wrong stuff.

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
I'm sorry-but what's wrong with the aeromotive pump? if a wally 255lph is good to 500rwhp, then the aeromotive would be good to... get what I'm saying?

FirstOnRaceDay.

Established Member
khameleon, how many lbs is your centri blower pushing? the aeromotive seems nice but i have never heard any feedback on the and i figured twin walbro's would give me a little room to grow. also heard tons of feedback on the walbro's. is there a specific walbro model number more specific than the 255's i should find?

is the rest of my planned fuel system as stated above sound good??? this is the last year of the maxton mile so i really need to get this thing together so informative responses would be apreciated. thanks.

PACIFICGREENSVT

Established Member
Change the brackets on your stock 96-97 fuel rail then get the Aeromotive intank 340.
They say the new Aeromotive 11142- 340 Stealth In-Tank is good for 650hp, so rwhp should be about 500ish or more.

PACIFICGREENSVT

Established Member
You wouldnt need to change the tank, the 340 pump drops in the stock basket.
you keep all the stock lines & fuelrails.

Last edited:

FirstOnRaceDay.

Established Member
i read though both pages of that link and am left with more questions

1) i am running an eaton an 03 04 fuel rails, and i need it return style as stated before

2) would the 96 tank, pick up tube, aeromotive a1000, pre and post pump filters and 60lb injectors run through stock 96 lines do the trick?

3) if upgrading to a 03 04 tank will correct starvation issues possible with my 96 tank please tell me. i would rather not have to buy a termi tank and fore fuel hat but if it is safer then i'll bite the bullit.

good info in thank link pacific green, thanks.

PACIFICGREENSVT

Established Member
1) i am running an eaton an 03 04 fuel rails, and i need it return style as stated before

Do you still have your 96-97 fuel rails? If you do, you can have them modified to fit the 03-04 Cobra lower intake manifold. Then, you will have your return style fuel rails.

2) would the 96 tank, pick up tube, aeromotive a1000, pre and post pump filters and 60lb injectors run through stock 96 lines do the trick?

The a1000 pump and filters and 60 lb. injectors will be fine with your stock fuel lines and fuel rails. You just need to buy some AN fittings for the pump and filters, and then the pickup tube style fuel hat.

3) if upgrading to a 03 04 tank will correct starvation issues possible with my 96 tank please tell me. i would rather not have to buy a termi tank and fore fuel hat but if it is safer then i'll bite the bullit.

The pickup tube style fuel tank hat for the 96-97 tank will work fine. You won't have to worry about a fuel starvation problem.

The Aeromotive Stealth 340 lph in-tank will work also, depending on how much horsepower you want, up to 650hp. Then you wouldn't need the pickup tube style fuel hat. All you would need to do is modify your 96-97 return-style fuel rails to fit the 03-04 Cobra lower intake manifold. You would need 60 lb. injectors for either setup. I hope this explanation isn't too confusing...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread