fuel pumps problem need some help

quick60

Established Member
i recently installed focus fuel pumps, and ever since then the car is running like crap. something went wrong, has anyone did this before, i think i mest up the wiring but on the other hand how could i, that look so simple, my fuel pressure is 75 psi, is that normal with the focus pumps? and when the car is off and i turn the ignitios key on the fuel pumps work all the time they never go off like they should in any other car after a couple seconds, and also i have a trouble code p1237- fuel pump secondary circuit(fuel pump driver module) i even switch the fpdm and no difference, is theres anything else that i might do . :( :( :( :(

TEABG

Banned
Positive & Negative is mixed up on one of the pumps? Or you blew the FRPS!

If you mixed up the pos and neg on the pumps that will through a FPDM code. I will not tell you how I know that but I am sure of it. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

quick60

Established Member
i went over the installation guide you send me and it looks like i did everything correct, is it possible that the fuel relay went bad, do the 03 04 cobras even have the fuel relay?

TEABG

Banned
quick60 said:
hey whats frps? and where is it located?

Fail Rail Pressure Sensor, it is that little black box on the drivers side fuel rail. Two bolts and it comes right off, release the pressure out of the fuel rail before you remove it. Or put a rag over the sensor when you remove it to aviod fuel spraying everywhere.

Last edited:

TEABG

Banned
quick60 said:
why is the fuel pressure so high is 75psi normal with the focus pumps.

Did you remove the PPRV Parallel Pressure Relief Valve when you installed the pumps? 75 PSI, I do not know much about fuel pressure but that is to high!

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
That pressure is WAAAAY too high!! It's not being regulated. That's max output. If I recall, these things run about 30 psi at idle and go up to about 45 psi at WOT. The cut off after a couple of seconds shouldn't have anything to do with the pressure...but I'll bet it's all related. Did you put in a modified FPDM or another stock one?

quick60

Established Member
FireRed04Vert said:
That pressure is WAAAAY too high!! It's not being regulated. That's max output. If I recall, these things run about 30 psi at idle and go up to about 45 psi at WOT. The cut off after a couple of seconds shouldn't have anything to do with the pressure...but I'll bet it's all related. Did you put in a modified FPDM or another stock one?
the fpdm thats on the car is stock and the one i tried on was also stock, i was told that i dont need a modified fpdm with the fuel pumps swap. i also checked the fuel pressure reg. thats located on the fuel rail, and the one i tried on didnt make any difference the psi was 75 no change,

TEABG

Banned
I have FORD GT pumps with the stock 39 pound injectors, I wounder where my PSI is at. If my fuel pressure is high also, we know the injectors are the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread