Fuel system suggestions, returnless

horspla2000

Established Member
Hello all. I know there is TONS of info out there, and I DID use the search, but I have a specific question and want some suggestions. I have mods in my sig, may want to get a VMP TVS someday, but won't go any farther. I was going to Mustang Week and long story short, one of my fuel pumps is acting up. I have stock original pumps, PPRV delete and a 40A BAP and the wire upgrade. I need to replace my pumps. Lethal suggested their "modified GT Supercar pumps" for a good pump at a good price. I do not want to go return! I am not maxing out my current setup. Can I just put these pumps in and go? I know they are capable of maxing out the driver module, but I am not at that level. As long as the replacement pumps never draw more than 18 amps, it should not be an issue if I understand correctly. I could do a modified driver module, but do I need to?? I really don't want to do dual driver modules. Its expensive and I don't like the wiring mess if I can help it. What do you guys in similar situations think?? Who has been down this road and are you happy w what you did to upgrade?? Thanks for the advice/experiences. :beer:

horspla2000

Established Member
Nobody wants to take this one on???? I ordered GT Supercar "modified" pumps from Lethal and a modified FPDM. Hopefully that'll do it. My stock pumps and a BAP were more than enough for where I am now power wise.

04cobra88

Established Member
from what ive been reading and was told the gt pumps draw more amps than the stock fpdm can deliver I cant see weather if its maxed out the pumps or not wouldn't it still require more amps to run it?

I would do a dual fpdm and harness or a modified fpdm to be on the safe side..

horspla2000

Established Member
Thanks for your reply wicked46

Yes, 04Cobra, I did get a modified FPDM. I won't be in the realm of shutting down the factory FPDM, but I got the modified just so when I grow over time, I'll be covered. Thinking about a VMP TVS.

I sent out a few PM's and I feel a little better now. I wanna do this right. I see its been done by MANY, I just want a proven reliable combo. I prefer to duplicate someone elses tried and true setup. :)

04cobra88

Established Member
ive been reading on the same thing im staying returnless and going with the tvs as well just need my dual fpdm and pumps!

winter project!

horspla2000

Established Member
Maybe I'm wrong, but I never understood the dual FPDM thing. I get what it does and all, but the wiring looks like a mess. I guess if its done right, you can avoid using a BAP until you get way up there in power. I prefer the design of a BAP and a modified FPDM I think.

Users who are viewing this thread