Fuel Upgrade?

david3707

Established Member
Hi i have two ford gt pumps and a cobra hat with no sender. But i still have all stock parts still in tank. So my question is when i wanna install the pumps is there anything else i need to make all this work?
Thanks, Dave

cobracide

Established Member
Swap the old sender into the new setup. A fuel line adapter 8an and you should be good to go. Consider a dual FPDM setup and wiring harness from lethal as well.

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
If you don't go with the dual FPDM like cobracide said you will need a modified FPDM. I would go with the dual FPDM. Also I would get the Fore hat.

david3707

Established Member
Thanks for the answers but why will i need a fuel line adapter if im gonna use the stock sender unit? Might be a stupid question but I just wanna make sure i have everything before i pull the tank.

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
You need a fuel line adapter to be able to connect the stock fuel line to the aftermarket hat (Fore Hat). If you use the stock hat you will not need this.

This will replace the -8 fitting on the Fore Hat so you could use the stock fuel line(from hat to fuel filter)

http://www.lethalperformance.com/03...at-to-stock-fuel-line-adapter-fititng-p-15111

If you use the stock hat you will not need this but I do not recommend you use the stock hat for the GT pumps. Do yourself a favor and get the Fore Hat and save yourself some headache later on. The Fore Hat is designed for Gt pumps.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread