Fuel Upgrades for a more Boost

prison90

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I have a ported Eaton M122 running a 2.6 upper with LT headers. I recently purchased a 65 mm FRTB and a 10% OD I.W. Damper I am adding . I have been told with a good tune no fuel upgrades are needed . I want to have every part installed when I go to the tuner . So if I need bigger F.I. or a BAP I would like to have it ready to go for the tune. Thanks

Last edited:

prison90

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Even with with the BAP wont I still have to get it tuned with the extra boost and flow from the new TB and lower 10% OD balancer

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
I installed a VMP dual boost a pump and 13/14' fuel injectors when I added a lower pulley and long tubes. Like others have indicated, the fuel injectors required a tune revision.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Add the BAP & INJECTORS

Prepare to rebuild or replace stock blower when you fry the bearings with the heat your about to produce

Last edited:

IronTerp

Prepare to rebuild or replace stock blower when you fry the bearings with the heat your about to produce
Total misinformation. I’m running a 2.40” upper and 10% lower resulting in 17 lbs of boost, and have been getting consistent 28-30 mph improvements on the back half of the 1/4 mile. Basic cooling mods, intelligent tuning, and hold on for the stump pulling ride.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Well the OP has no cooling mods and the intelligent tuning remains to be seen.

Total misinformation. I’m running a 2.40” upper and 10% lower resulting in 17 lbs of boost, and have been getting consistent 28-30 mph improvements on the back half of the 1/4 mile. Basic cooling mods, intelligent tuning, and hold on for the stump pulling ride.

Sent from my SM-G975U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

I have a Metco 2.6 with a ported M122 Eaton Blower and TB.I am running long tube headers also . I would like to go with a 2.4 pulley after snout is milled down and VMP 67mm TB . My question is will I need to do any fuel upgrades and are the HP gains worth it . I understand there are better ways but the budget only goes so far.

prison90

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I see my previous . Ended up going with the 65 mm TB and the 10% OD got a good deal on them from myfast70 on marketplace . Still not sure what size F.I. are stock in a 07 47lbs o 52lbs. Like I said just want to have everything in place for the Tuner. Also for the heat its cold in Iowa till June . I will have some cooling done before then.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I see my previous . Ended up going with the 65 mm TB and the 10% OD got a good deal on them from myfast70 on marketplace . Still not sure what size F.I. are stock in a 07 47lbs o 52lbs. Like I said just want to have everything in place for the Tuner. Also for the heat its cold in Iowa till June . I will have some cooling done before then.
Honestly ask the tuner your using what he recommends for the mods hes tunning for. If he cant recommend then you need to run away.

prison90

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Your right about that with the Tuner Still curious what size stock F.I. are in a 07 . Some sites say 47 lbs and others say 52lbs . New to these cars and trying to take all the info in I can so I dont make a lot of costly mistakes . Thanks for all the help on this forum

IronTerp

The 2007-2012 GT500’s run 47 lb/hr while the 13/14’s run 52’s. So you were in the right ballpark Prison. Both of these injectors are relatively easy to tune. The 52’s are fine for your setup and will generally handle up to the high 600 RWHP levels. I’m at 640 on my race tune and have plenty of room left. Now, it you decide to go TVS or twin screw, then you’re going to have to get out your pocket book. The Injector Dynamics tend to be a bit pricey.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
That's not true.
You can do a tvs 2.3 with 13/14 injectors and BAP's on a 5.4 (725+rwhp)
You don't need an $800 set of injectors when a $150.00 set will safely do the job.

The 2007-2012 GT500’s run 47 lb/hr while the 13/14’s run 52’s. So you were in the right ballpark Prison. Both of these injectors are relatively easy to tune. The 52’s are fine for your setup and will generally handle up to the high 600 RWHP levels. I’m at 640 on my race tune and have plenty of room left. Now, it you decide to go TVS or twin screw, then you’re going to have to get out your pocket book. The Injector Dynamics tend to be a bit pricey.

Sent from my SM-G975U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread