Full Color Renderings fo the Whipple 2015 Mustang 5.0 Coyote Superchager Kit

CaDDy

Banned
Wow whipple really stepping up the game with the front fed inlet and redoing the intercooler, I love my TVS especially for my plans with it, but on my 2015 GT, Whipple son!

philkilla

Crusher of Skulls
Established Member
I'm not totally in-tune to this new design, so I'll just shoot this out.

How much if any of this new design would be interchangeable with the previous gen 2.9 crusher kit? My understanding is these new compressors are supposed to be much more efficient correct?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I'm not totally in-tune to this new design, so I'll just shoot this out.

How much if any of this new design would be interchangeable with the previous gen 2.9 crusher kit? My understanding is these new compressors are supposed to be much more efficient correct?

It's my understanding that the rotors are the same, and most of the gains were found in the case. I'm not sure if you'll be able to swap a new head unit onto an older lower manifold, but it would probably be more economical to sell your old kit and buy a new one.

philkilla

Crusher of Skulls
Established Member
It's my understanding that the rotors are the same, and most of the gains were found in the case. I'm not sure if you'll be able to swap a new head unit onto an older lower manifold, but it would probably be more economical to sell your old kit and buy a new one.

That's what I figured. From skimming that article it seems like it is all an entirely new unit.

I'm sure I won't be the only one interested in selling a used 2.9 whipple in the future hahaha.

mystickb1996

Established Member
Damn that's a great looking blower and love their finally doing color matching.. Do you know if this blower will fit on the 11-14 coyote also?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Hot off the presses, Whipple sent us another rendering:

Whipple_2015_Mustang_Kit_Renderings_P5_0012.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread