Full length headers

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Has anyone tried the Flowtech full lengths? I'm really just wondering about the fit of them and if anyone had any problems. Any other recommendations are welcome as well.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
What are you running now? I'm assuming with your 1/4 mile time that you've already got LTs installed. Yes?

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
From a pure performance standpoint, it appears that the Kooks, American Racing, and MAC's all provide about the same punch. Choosing between these three depends on budget, whether you want stainless or not, and just personal bias. Although the Kooks have been a big favorite and are a great header, the MAC's are by far the best seller now due to the improved quality of their redesign 2 years ago and of course their price. At least 20 MACA folks are running the MAC's. The AR's are the new kid on the block and all reports indicate they are excellent long tubes.

Don't know anything about the Flowtechs and have never seen a Cobra with them on it.

moddedmystic

Established Member
+1 for the MAC l/t's
I just put a set on this weekend with out any issues.Only thing I had to do was relocate an a/c line and grind a little off the starter. The primary tube wasnt touching the starter but was a little too close for comfort.
~Mark

BlueSS

+1 for the MAC l/t's
I just put a set on this weekend with out any issues.Only thing I had to do was relocate an a/c line and grind a little off the starter. The primary tube wasnt touching the starter but was a little too close for comfort.
~Mark

No Leaks At All? Would These Work With My Bassani X-Pipe?

Thanks! :beer:
Neil

moddedmystic

Established Member
No leaks so far.... I put in new factory gaskets and used the stock manifold fasteners. As far as working with the bassini stuff I have no clue. I'm runnin an O/R prochamber.

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
What are you running now? I'm assuming with your 1/4 mile time that you've already got LTs installed. Yes?

No sir. Still have the factory manifold and Bassani catted x with a Borla stinger catback. That's why I was asking, I'm gonna up the boost a tad more and need to get it out. I was just wondering about any fitment issues. They look really good in pictures, but before purchasing I thought I would ask. I'm also wanting something with a 3" collector and these are reasonably priced for coated headers. Maybe someone will chime in shortly that has tried them. I'm not worried about a little ground scraping, I avoid speedbumps like the plague.

TT04Cobra

It's Coming.....
Established Member
Dude DO NOT get the Flowtechs, they are CRAP, those were the first set of headers I got for my Terminator and I HATED them, didn't line up at all, REAL PITA to install. Make a different choice bud.

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Dude DO NOT get the Flowtechs, they are CRAP, those were the first set of headers I got for my Terminator and I HATED them, didn't line up at all, REAL PITA to install. Make a different choice bud.

That's what I was waiting to hear. I knew someone would know. Thanks for the reply. It's a shame though, they look nice in pics and they're a good price.

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
You can always get the MAC's and cut off the "ball and socket" and weld on regular collectors.
~Mark

That's what I did with my last set of full lengths on my foxbody. I was hoping not to have to do that, but that may be what I end up doing. I don't really want to spend the money for the Kooks.

What about the SLP's, there are some in the market for sale with a matching x pipe, all stainless. They're more expensive, but they're all stainless and they looked pretty nice. I hate SLP mufflers, but I would only be using the headers and x.

Users who are viewing this thread