Full tilt adjustable sway bar end links

delly

Established Member
So I picked up a set of these sway bar links, and the instructions say to install with tires on and sitting on the a surface, so I have a 4 post lift and I gotta tell ya I don't know how the hell they want you to do that, because I had to take my stock ones off in order to get the half shafts out, with the shafts in and the tires on I can't see how the hell that is even possible. Any ideas out there? I haven't put my new shafts gforce in yet so that's why I'm asking.. maximum motorsports has pretty much the same links and there instructions don't ask for it to be level and the tires on the car.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I usually unbolt the shocks to get the half shafts out. Raise the car up and put jack stands under the control arms. Or drive it onto a pair of ramps. Really you just want the suspension loaded when you adjust them. As for room, you can reach them with the tires on. I got mine mostly unbolted before I took the tire off to finish the job. That's with the half shaft in place.

Granted I have coilovers so I have a little more room to work with.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

delly

Established Member
Yea with the coil overs u must have a lot more room, cause my big ass hands bar rely fit in there for the stock ones. I'm hoping a little easier for the full tilt ones. So you put yours on with the tires on the ground. I thought a unload suspension would be with the car raised and the rear a arms hanging. And wheels off the ground.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I didn't do the FTBR end links. I did stock replacements for now. Nothing to adjust. But if you put jackstands under the control arms that will load the suspension enough to adjust the links. And you don't have to have the tires on for that.

delly

Established Member
So can I just set these to the same size of the stock links? And install them with the tires off so I can get in there to tighten etc?

01yellercobra

Established Member
So can I just set these to the same size of the stock links? And install them with the tires off so I can get in there to tighten etc?
I don't see why not. That's how I adjusted the front links on our 06.

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
If you bought the MM links, their instructions are clear that you can install them just fine with the car in the air. You do, however, have to adjust them afterwards with weight on the wheels. Not difficult at all.

There is a link to the MM instructions in this section, which has a bunch of detail on them:

http://www.terminator-cobra.com/suspension.htm#Sway_bars_&_end_links_

delly

Established Member
Both have different instructions. Sure they look the same but for some reason they both have different install instructions. I was just answering your reply that I don't have mm links.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Since the end result is the same I would imagine you can go with either set of instructions.

Users who are viewing this thread